Reconditioning The Champion Forge Camel Back Drill Press

everything is looking really nice paul
you need to have that motor carbon dated to see how old it is :lmao:
steve

You mite be right, Anyway I got a laugh out of that. It is at least as old as the drill press but I don't know how old it is either.

Paul

Just a small update i got the motor mount lagged to the floor and mounted the motor, I'm using a newer motor for now.

First picture should be the crimping tool, Box of climps And the belt in place. First belt splice for me worked out good but I can't get it to travck where it needs to mite need a wider belt.

Tool.JPG Clips.JPG Belt.JPG

Lets see if I can get this short movie to work.

Paul,

I don't know if it is on my end or not but when I went to the link the still picture of the drive motor showed on the screen with a "buffering" message and sat there and sat there.....................

I went and got a cup of coffee and it was still sitting there when I got back. Probably something I'm doing. I am not all that swift with videos.

Benny

Changed to a wider belt on the motor so that takes care of that, Made a belt for the drive and I need to adjust the drive pulleys but other than that it is ok.

I put it in back gear and it makes a load gear noise, I wonder if thats why they fix it so it wouldn't work. I need to get the table cleaned up and pickup some SO Cord. So I can get it wired up right.
Another video for your viewing.

Paul

http://s1122.photobucket.com/albums...ing Lathe/?action=view&current=BeltMovie2.mp4

Paul,

I don't know if it is on my end or not but when I went to the link the still picture of the drive motor showed on the screen with a "buffering" message and sat there and sat there.....................
Benny

I just checked and the video worked for me now.

Bennhy

Great job on this beauty. I recently got an old camel back to the house and am currently tearing it down for a rebuild. I am having an issue with the racheting handle. the level will not depress, it appears there are some parts locked up inside. Id like to take it apart to give it a good cleaning but Im unsure as to how to go about disassembly on the parts of the handle?
Could you shed any light on that?

nice job paul
they were not worried about noise were they lol
i could just imagine what a shop full of machines running from flat belts in the overhead would sound like
steve

Great job on this beauty. I recently got an old camel back to the house and am currently tearing it down for a rebuild. I am having an issue with the racheting handle. the level will not depress, it appears there are some parts locked up inside. Id like to take it apart to give it a good cleaning but Im unsure as to how to go about disassembly on the parts of the handle?
Could you shed any light on that?

Mine was froze up also i sprayed it with PB Blaster let it sit then bumped the on the end do not hit the handle it will brake easy.

Thats should do the job, The lever is held on with a pin remove that then the rod will come out. There is a spring under the lock so be careful you don't loose it.

Paul

Back