Reconditioning The Champion Forge Camel Back Drill Press

Thanks Billy, I hope to have the main part done by the middle of next week. Then I'll start the motor and try and figure out how to mount it.

Paul

OK, Enough of this BS your making me look bad, I've had a Bridgeport for 6 months that needs rebuilt and haven't even looked at it in 5 months

OK, Enough of this BS your making me look bad, I've had a Bridgeport for 6 months that needs rebuilt and haven't even looked at it in 5 months

Well if-n you don't want to look bad :rofl: get to work on it.:nono:

Paul

Worked on the drive pulleys and bracket, Took it apart cleaned up the bracket and painted it. I also blasted the pulleys going to paint the insides black.

Paul

Drive Pulleys.JPG Cleaned UP And Painted.JPG Pulley 1.JPG Pulley 2.JPG Pulley 3.JPG

Mite as well throw theses in 2 old machine lights I've been working on.

Paul

Light 1.JPG Light 2.JPG Light 3.JPG

I guess I should put up a few pictures of what I started with. These were taken by Benny before I went to get it.

The guy did tell me that everything was still shiny when he put it in the open car port.

Paul

0.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 22.JPG 33.JPG

Mite as well throw theses in 2 old machine lights I've been working on.

Paul

Paul,
The drill press and lights are looking great and I like your horizontal milling machine. What model is it? Now a newby question. How many outboard arbor supports does a mill need? I see what looks like three in one of the light photos.

I liked the color your selected for the drill press so much I went and bought a quart at Home Cheapo. Will use it on a project I am working on to see how it looks in person.

Benny

Paul,
The drill press and lights are looking great and I like your horizontal milling machine. What model is it? Now a newby question. How many outboard arbor supports does a mill need? I see what looks like three in one of the light photos.

Benny

Mine is a K & T Milwaukee 2CH and it depends on what your doing. It comes with three one for the end and one that goes on the inside of the cutter. You would only use it to make heaver cuts, I don't know if-n I'll ever use it but just in case I have it.

One of the ones in the picture is a extra one needs paint and a site oil glass.

Paul

Didn't get a lot done today but at least I did do something. I got the drive pulleys back together and mounted.

I Also got the Back Gear Cam cleaned up and installed.

Got the power feed done except the main shaft.

Had to make a new set screw for the cam lock.

Except for 2 bolts the table lift is done.

Paul

Drive Pulleys.JPG Back Gear Cam.JPG Power Feed.JPG New one.JPG Table Lift.JPG

Back