(PROBLEM SOLVED) PM940 CNC VFD spindle question

Use your Volt meter to see if 220VAC is arriving at your machine and then at the VFD. R(L1) and S(L2). If not then you have a power problem out side the Mill. Wouldn't you be lucky. The VFD manual shows a fuse/breaker in line with power as recommended(?) or supplied (dashed lines around it). Again page 2-2 of the VFD manual.

Rod, See page 2-3 of the Delta manual for a global drawing of the VFD connections......which you can down load at:

I would send it to you , but is is 12MB!
B2, Ok downloaded and viewed pages 2-3. I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Maybe because I'm getting old.

No power, no voltage to be measured! Just use the VOM probes to touch the screws on the VFD. NO fingers touching anything.

PS. How old?

Use your Volt meter to see if 220VAC is arriving at your machine and then at the VFD. R(L1) and S(L2). If not then you have a power problem out side the Mill. Wouldn't you be lucky. The VFD manual shows a fuse/breaker in line with power as recommended(?) or supplied (dashed lines around it). Again page 2-2 of the VFD manual.
B2, I will check for 220VAC. However, I get power to the all 3 axis if this means something

I assume you are in a house that only has 220 voltage. page 2-2 is for 1 phase input. page 2-3 is if you are in industry and have 3 phase power.
Otherwise the drawings are the same. Top left of the VFD box is the power in . Top right is the spindle motor connections. Below the power in are the MI1-6 and DCM control inputs. MI1 and MI2 are the Forward and reverse control inputs. If one of them is activated that it the direction it is suppose tor run.

I’m out right now. Will chime in later if you guys haven’t figured it out.
Gcode is

M03 (spindle fwd) Sxxxx (where xxxx is speed in RPM

M05(spindle stop)

What value do you measure at the motor terminals? If you have high voltage there and the VFD is not lit up on the key pad then there is a serious problem with it.

No power, no voltage to be measured! Just use the VOM probes to touch the screws on the VFD. NO fingers touching anything.

PS. How old?
64 but feels like 74. I feel like I have been slipping lately.
I will measure the voltage now. Please stand by.

Just so you know, even with the computor turn off (NO MACH-3) when you turn the power on to the mill the VFD should light up.

Then you feel like me, I am 73. I am suppose to be hanging window shades for my wife, but this is a better diversion. So far I have found nothing in the window area to hang the shade to! I put a drill to it and it just sinks through the plaster!

Back