Price check in aisle 3, forklift rental?

I believe all Sunbelt wants on their web page is your zip code to get costs, but the web page lists ALL of their catalog of equipment, so you have to call the local store to get actual availability. And the web price doesn't include insurance, delivery, or tax ...
With me as the lift operator, yeah, I'm going to get the insurance!

That doesn't sound too bad. Was it $50 to deliver it and $50 to go back? Or $50 took care of all the transportation?
All I need is a small one, guessing that's the 5000 lb one.

Yeah, I'm looking for the cakewalk experience myself. I've done it the hard way in the past, and just can't do that sort of thing anymore.

One more question, how wide are these forklifts?
$50 total.
You’ll have to check your local source. I’m sure equipment and availability will have much to do with the pricing.
I was very pleased with the cost.
I hope you find a similar arrangement.

That's interesting. The walkie stacker legs underneath would prevent me from getting close to the porch, especially since there's 2 12" wide granite steps in the way. Have to admit, they'd be great for shelving. Website is showing $260/day for a walkie stacker and $350/day for a 3K load dual fuel forklift. I haven't even gotten to all the add ons, like delivery, insurance. According to Sunbelt, my closest 'dealer' is over 50 miles away. It is a price point. And it's a start, so it is encouraging. Hope to find something less expensive.
My dealer is about five minutes from here.
The extended reach can put the lathe inside your shop and avoid the 7’ door (example)
Even if it’s a couple hundred more, to have a safe way of moving a 3,000 lb piece of equipment, it was a no brained for me.
I intended to do this one time

trying not to beat a dead horse- but they do have a reach version of the walkie stacker, that extends about 3 feet beyond the wheels.

a few pipe rollers and a sheet of plywood makes short work of moving pallets too

It's ok to beat the dead horse. :) Didn't know about the reach version. Then the fork might end a foot into the porch. Might be possible. I'll check to see if they offer something like that.

I've done the furniture dolly thing. The heavier the object, the less fun it is to move. Over 300lbs, it's doable, but very taxing for me, especially over paving bricks.

Still looking into a rental. Also contemplating crazy thoughts of buying used, using it, and selling it. I have utterly no room for a forklift, so I'd have to get rid of it shortly after using it. I know nothing about buying or selling used forklifts, so that would be a stretch for me. Wouldn't want to get stuck with one that was a basket case.

It's ok to beat the dead horse. :) Didn't know about the reach version. Then the fork might end a foot into the porch. Might be possible. I'll check to see if they offer something like that.

I've done the furniture dolly thing. The heavier the object, the less fun it is to move. Over 300lbs, it's doable, but very taxing for me, especially over paving bricks.

Still looking into a rental. Also contemplating crazy thoughts of buying used, using it, and selling it. I have utterly no room for a forklift, so I'd have to get rid of it shortly after using it. I know nothing about buying or selling used forklifts, so that would be a stretch for me. Wouldn't want to get stuck with one that was a basket case.

If the paved path is placed bricks (not cemented together) rather than hard pavement the standard warehouse forklift might have issues. They do not like soft surfaces, even hard packed dirt gives them a lot of trouble. A pneumatic tired option is much better in that case. A wheeled Bobcat with forks could be a cheaper option than most of the pneumatic tire "rough terrain" forklifts which tend to be quite a bit larger and more expensive to rent.

@Aaron_W makes an excellent point, the walkie stacker would be of limited assistance

i'm not aware of reach lifts with pneumatic tires
the designs for reach lifts tend to want very stable, load rated flooring, underneath them

Someone mentioned bobcat.

I think Home Depot and similar will rent a skid steer for about $300 a day. And if you get it with the fork attachments they can really move around a lot better than a forklift.

I would avoid a forklift on bricks because they usually have very high loads on the rear tires and can easily sink bricks in minutes.

My big lift will put a 1” divot in asphalt if left sitting overnight but it weighs about 21klbs

But my 5k lift which is about standard weighs 10k and I’m pretty sure would sink bricks. Even a wheeled skid steer will sink bricks without a good foundation.

Tracked skid steers work well but leave black rubber on bricks and concrete. We spread sand to avoid this when we cannot make a mess.

I rented a Baker-York all terrain forklift when moving my first shops equipment in my walkout basement circa 1987 . Even though it was an 8 ft door , the side shuttle made it very easy . I think I paid $200 for a Friday morning delivery and had the use of it until they picked it up mid-day Monday .

Back