Poll: Favorite Machine in The Shop

Whats your favorite Tool in The shop?

• Total voters
My "other" selection refers to the Bandsaw. It is the tool to economize on elbow grease.
Ariscats

I voted drill press because it is the most often used machine in my shop. Well I should say machines because I have 2, both Walker Turner. (Not counting the little Power King (Atlas) conehead that I restored for my wife). Rarely does a week go by, even when I don't get any real shop time that one of the DP's doesn't get used for something.

Last night I just got though making an adapter to hold a dye that was too big for my handles. I needed this dye to chase some threads on a pipe that will be a part to a arbor press that was missing a part and will also be modified. I had to hand file, face with the lathe, some tricky multiple drilling with the mill tapping, etc. Which ever tool that I was using at the time was my favorite.
Mark

I love all my tools but,
the 3 lathes, 3 mills, and 5 welders are my favorites...
honorable mentions to Oxy/acetylene rig, 20 ton hydraulic press, 10 ton porta power, and jet power hack saw
the shop would be a very different place without all those pieces of ordnance.

i got the sickness bad :nuts:

Last edited:
I love all my tools but,
the 3 lathes, 3 mills, and 5 welders are my favorites...
honorable mentions to Oxy/acetylene rig, 20 ton hydraulic press, and 10 ton porta power
the shop would be a very different place without all those pieces of ordnance.

i got the sickness bad:nuts:

With all those toys it'd be a shame not to share them on the "show your shop" thread...... Quite a shop you have.

The stiff back welder/grinder. A close second is the lathe and shop press.

This one is easy. I have way too many tools to list, But......my favorite one in the shop has got to be ME. :)

I would have to choose my lathe , I started on it long before i got a mill, I really enjoy working with it , the mill isnt quite the joy
haha, of course im still in a steep learni curve with it.

I checked OTHER along with my other favorites that had boxes to check---my others include die grinders, cutoff discs on angle grinders, finger belt sanders, pencil die grinders---which can all be powered with my most useful shop machine--my big AIR COMPRESSOR-----it is very useful in powering hand tools that I love---cleaning machines and tools---and cleaning the floor and corners of hard to sweep areas----it is also very useful for controlling air cylinders and switches on new projects----what all you can do with air is amazing and it is pretty cheap to provide-------I am lost without it---also my favorite necessity tool is my bench wire brush wheel which I use daily for de-burring edges and cleaning threads on bolts and removing rust and grime on items---I have one coarse brush and one fine brush and have several motors set up to be handy in many locations----a shop without abundant cfm of air--- and wire brush wheels and sanders is not very handy to work in for me-----also a tape player to play good old country songs sung by artists with good voices is soothing for my enjoyment while working-----Dave

My slightly modified 500 LB Harbor Freight Hydraulic Lift Table. I added a second stage and changed the pedal leverage to give full lift with very few pumps. Although I do have to jump on the pedal and/or get a pry bar if it is all the way down and loaded. I really need to add a second pedal for heavy lifting. I LOVE this table and almost exclusively use it for a work surface as it lets me adjust the height which helps with the vision and back.

Scissor Table. 25pctjpg.jpg

Scissor Table. 25pctjpg.jpg

Back