Poll: Favorite Machine in The Shop

Whats your favorite Tool in The shop?

• Total voters
Favorite - whichever one i just made money with

Most hated - whichever one is broken down

Sorry, impossible to answer. I have spend a lifetime collecting/using my tools and can't imagine a day without any of them.:dunno: There isn't a one I would give up.

My Hardinge HLVH has to be my favorite machine in the shop,since it is the machine I have that is a REAL machine,not an import. It is my go to lathe for most of my work. My Decklel fp1 and my Harrison horizontal mill are also "real machines". When things get too large,I go to my Grizzly 16" x 40" 1986 Taiwan made lathe. It does not have the quality engineering of those other machines,but does accurate work. My Wilke Machinery Co. Bridgeport Taiwan made vertical mill(also 1986) is as fine as I have ever needed,and is my go to mill. It is as accurate as a real Bridgeport,and much better than the current crop of Chinese mills. No need to trade for a Singapore made (real) Bridgeport.

I voted other, favorite one is the one I am using at the time!:roflmao:

It is far better to have and not need, than to need and not have. I checked them all for that rteason. All tools are my favorites.

"Billy G"

I love them all, which is why I have them. The ones I don't have I did not checkmark.

But, sadly, you omitted the most important one (in my opinion) from the list:

Coffeepot.jpg

Coffeepot.jpg

I would say the one that cooks, cleans, takes care of the kid, pays the bills, does grocery shopping and lets me spend money on more tools.
The tig is my favorite. The mig makes me the most $$. But i see my recently aquired lathe moving up that list quick as i learn how to use it.

Is a hammer a machine? If so, then the BFH i can find is my first goto tool

Cheers Phil

Interesting poll. Reveals the value of various tools.

So far, the poll results indicate that I should start shopping for a mill.

And get some more of that "Other"...

My machinist tools (lathe, mill, bandsaws, bench grinders, welders and others) help to support my other creative outlets, metal shaping and metalworking, woodworking, architectural metalworking to name a few. All tools are part of the creative process. No one tool is more important, fun, or desire able than any of the others, it is the end product that is what I am aiming for, and all the machines in the shop are very important in making it. Sounds cool hugh vbg. Mostly I am a metal working and woodworking hack:allgood:

Rich

Back