Poll: Favorite Machine in The Shop

Whats your favorite Tool in The shop?

• Total voters
I love every machine in my shop but if I could only have one machine, it would be my lathe. Its the most used and most versatile.

I chose OTHER, and to specify, the coffee machine. Without out it, all other tools are useless as I am useless without it.

The one machine you will find on a small ship or submarine,where space is tight,will be a lathe. Au auxilliary stuff will be a bench grinder and possibly a drill press. The USS United States had a 9" South Bend,which I have seen.

I voted other, favorite one is the one I am using at the time!:roflmao:

+1
Also, the tool that I just bought, that's on its way home.

I noticed that the poll didn't mention welders and torch sets as a separate category.

I'd have to say my favorites are my MAC Tools tool boxes and my miller plasma cutter and mig welder because over the years they have NEVER let me down or heard the slightest complaint from me.

On any given day/task it's the tool that gets the job done without me thinking even one derogatory thing about the tool.

Even though they are outdated I really enjoy using my shapers. I am always thinking about whether or not a job can be done on the shaper and how it would be setup. They are slower than using a mill but they are a joy to watch, quiet and produce an amazing surface finish.

Shawn

Even though they are outdated I really enjoy using my shapers. I am always thinking about whether or not a job can be done on the shaper and how it would be setup. They are slower than using a mill but they are a joy to watch, quiet and produce an amazing surface finish.

Shawn

I wish I had one. I think that about half the work I do on the mill could be done more easily on a shaper.

I wish I had one. I think that about half the work I do on the mill could be done more easily on a shaper.

Living in the machinery desert I have only seen a shaper on YouTube but I expect it is like watching a fire in the fireplace on a cold winter day. Mesmerizing. Some day, even if I build it myself from one of the available plans.

Dave

Back