Poll: Favorite Machine in The Shop

Whats your favorite Tool in The shop?

• Total voters
A

Andre

Forum Guest
Register Today
Everybody, what's your favorite machine in the shop? Poll is multiple selection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everybody, what's your favorite machine in the shop? If you could only keep one machine tool, what would it be? Poll is multiple selection.

Is this a typo. You ask if we could only keep one then you say it's multiple selection. Multiple selection to me means I can pick more than one?

"Billy G"

Too generic IMHO. I picked "Toolbox" because it's 56" wide and 60" tall. It's got a lot of stuff in it I'd be lost without. If I narrowed that to "machine or hand tool" it would probably be my Craftsman C3 19.2V drill. I've worn out 2 so far since they first came out. I don't mean defective - I mean worn to the point that they fell apart.

Is this a typo. You ask if we could only keep one then you say it's multiple selection. Multiple selection to me means I can pick more than one?

"Billy G"

I just threw it in because I could, not realizing that. I'll remove the "if you could just keep one" part.
Thanks, Bill :)

Sorry Andre, I can't pick one machine, I love them all equally. Maybe it is a weakness or better yet, an illness.
Dave

Well, I clicked-off a buncha stuff, including: Other (please specify)

And that would be electronics lab equipment, reloading bench goodies, welding stuff.

I love it all. Just depends on the task or mood of the day.

Now I feel like a schitzophrenic polygamist...

I like the versatility of both the lathe and mill. I like the shaper for the classic motion and the finish it produces. I added the MIG welder because it can build up parts that I don't have a big enough block of steel to hog out.

My Snap on 3/8 batt impact. I use it for everything from wheel lugs to head bolts. Second would be my lathe, dont know how I lived without both of them

I will take the liberty to assume we are talking fully tooled up as they are huge paper weights if not. With that in mind, mill. You can make the other crap with a mill

Back