Pm935 Owners

Nice to see they changed the pallet design so that a pallet jack will fit easily.
Enjoy your new mill Bill.

Nice to see they changed the pallet design so that a pallet jack will fit easily.
Enjoy your new mill Bill.

Thanks Rich. :)

Yes, I was very relived to see this. It was one of the first things I checked when the driver opened the door, as I was a bit worried about it. The guys at PM did an outstanding job of crating this thing. Had more difficulty getting this thing open than on any of my other machines. Very well built.

And I was fairly accurate in my guesstimate of how much machine I could get up my severely inclined driveway without extra mechanisms. It took three of us plus the driver to get this thing into the garage. No way in heck we could have pushed a 2000 lb. mill up there.

Still debating a setup thread, as we have had a few of these already. Don't want to bore the folks here. ;)

Not a PM-935 - but here's what I did with my PM-932V. I used some really heavy duty (1200 pounds each) 6in diameter casters, fixed on the "back" side and swivel on the "front" side - and welded up a dolly that the mill base basically drops into. The base is bolted down to the dolly using the factory bolt holes. I just got the mill finally mounted up on the dolly this past weekend - and it seems to work good. I wanted something that would allow me to move it around the shop if I needed to, but fix it in place if needed. I have to turn the feet down by hand - but they give me a way to get the mill off the casters if needed.

Nice job on the base. I like the concept and was going to do something similar but never followed thru. The extra width it takes up was kinda what I wanted to design out but never could find a good way. That and trying to keep it low profile as possible. Of course one could also point out that added footprint gives stability!
I found these on amazon and have them on my Tormach mill. 1,100# cap ea. GD-80 Used the caster function a few times already. Just another option.
29b28783ded935e50daa182773c2d14a.jpg

Has anyone found a better users manual for this mill? Thanks.

OK, I can't find any reference to this thing in any manual I've looked at. So what is that slotted round thingie in the top center of the head. It appears to move the front pulleys up and down, from aligned with the back pulleys to offset by a fair amount.

The mill isn't powered yet, nor on it's stand so I'm just looking at this thing upside down and trying to figure out what it does. :confused:

OK, I can't find any reference to this thing in any manual I've looked at. So what is that slotted round thingie in the top center of the head. It appears to move the front pulleys up and down, from aligned with the back pulleys to offset by a fair amount.

The mill isn't powered yet, nor on it's stand so I'm just looking at this thing upside down and trying to figure out what it does. :confused:
Picture?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Nice mill, congratulations!

I think you are looking at the direct drive engage cam, this in conjunction with the back gear lever on the side allows you to shift between back gear and direct drive. Note: If you shift into back gear and direct drive is still engaged, it will lock the spindle. Useful in some instances, but don't turn it on in that condition.;)

Also, the direct drive should engage with a solid click (or clunk) when it drops in. You'll know it if it doesn't engage and you turn it on. It will growel at you.....REALLY LOUD!

Back