PM-949TV Ordered

I was tied up all last week through the weekend but I finished wiring up my ancient (perhaps 1952) RPC motor, control box, 3 phase panel etc yesterday and I'm delighted to say the new machine is a joy to use. I decided that the vise needed dedicated t-nuts and that seemed like a good and quick project to start with. I borrowed zmotorsports idea and made a couple of thick washers as well, the are .1 but I may make another set that are .150 or .200.

http://youtu.be/36pmGr0N_Fc

tu4e2yna.jpg
u7e6eny2.jpg
ama9a4un.jpg

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

tu4e2yna.jpg

u7e6eny2.jpg

ama9a4un.jpg

Mike, I just stumbled across your youtube channel and watched your videos on your PM-1440 review as well as the carriage stop modification on your milling machine.

Great looking equipment and work area. I enjoyed watching them.

Congrats on your machinery, they are very nice.

Thanks Mike. I still need to do a quick video on the mill but so far have just been using it vs making videos. I did get a quill DRO installed a couple of weeks ago and finished up a vise stop last night.

I am taking the days off between Christmas and new years, hope to spend a good portion tinkering in the shop, perhaps make a video review of the mill. A friend has offered a 12" rotary table, larger than I really want or need but on what is effectively permanent loan, hard to say no to, hoping to pick that up this week some time as well.

Thanks Mike. I still need to do a quick video on the mill but so far have just been using it vs making videos. I did get a quill DRO installed a couple of weeks ago and finished up a vise stop last night.

I am taking the days off between Christmas and new years, hope to spend a good portion tinkering in the shop, perhaps make a video review of the mill. A friend has offered a 12" rotary table, larger than I really want or need but on what is effectively permanent loan, hard to say no to, hoping to pick that up this week some time as well.

Awesome. I look forward to seeing the videos. I posted up a couple over the weekend after some work on the mill. They sure are a sweet mill aren't they?

Awesome. I look forward to seeing the videos. I posted up a couple over the weekend after some work on the mill. They sure are a sweet mill aren't they?

I am very happy with the machine. I visited a buddy a few weeks ago and didn't realize the machine was actually quite a bit larger than his BP. I figured being a near exact clone they would be the same size but it's noticeably larger. His is fairly old, so likely a 36" table. OOTH, I am still envious of his Clausing/Kondia CNC mill, I think it's 25 years old but it's a nice machine.

I am very happy with the machine. I visited a buddy a few weeks ago and didn't realize the machine was actually quite a bit larger than his BP. I figured being a near exact clone they would be the same size but it's noticeably larger. His is fairly old, so likely a 36" table. OOTH, I am still envious of his Clausing/Kondia CNC mill, I think it's 25 years old but it's a nice machine.

That is exactly why I couldn't even consider a full-size BP or clone, size. The little 2/3 body PM-935TV that I purchases is absolutely perfect for what I do yet it has the full-size, full-featured head of the BP. Same head as your 949 with the exception that mine is the vari-speed design.

Wish I would have had the room for a full-size machine but the cost of a new house and shop were definitely out of the question.

Mike, I noticed in one of your videos that it appears you have a power drawbar on you milling machine. What design or style are you using? Did you fabricate it or purchase one?

Sorry if you have addressed this previously, I looked before asking but could not find anything. If you have any pictures, I would like to check them out.

Just curious.

Thanks.

Mike, I noticed in one of your videos that it appears you have a power drawbar on you milling machine. What design or style are you using? Did you fabricate it or purchase one?

Sorry if you have addressed this previously, I looked before asking but could not find anything. If you have any pictures, I would like to check them out.

Just curious.

Thanks.

Ha. No, I don't actually. I have a Milwaukee cordless impact driver I keep on the shelf next to the mill with the proper socket on it. I would not have considered this but noticed some of the power draw bar builds use a butterfly style impact gun, I thought why not try what I already have. Seems to work well and it's plenty quick compared to using a wrench. Orange Depot had a sale last year that include a drill, the impact driver and three LiPo batteries for something like $200. I have a hard time passing up a good deal and they have proven to be quite good thus far.

Mike

Did I ever mention I have a mill too?...........................A genuine Littlemachineshop 3960!

................and then you see these kind of machines....

Back in Kindergarten I guess...:))
And here I was...thinking that I was past envy at my age...

Back