PM-949TV Ordered

Re: PM-949TS Ordered

I heard from the trucking broker yesterday, they are looking to have it here tomorrow. Of course that all depends on everything going right but I'm hopeful. For larger machines PM doesn't ship via Road Runner, they use a broker to find a trucker to haul the load and once loaded on the truck it stays there until arriving at the destination. I've arranged for a local machine delivery guy to receive it at his shop, take the crate off the trailer and get it out to my shop. I'm hoping to be there when the freight truck arrives to inspect, hopefully all is well but time will tell. I feel like a kid waiting to unwrap their gifts.
:rubbinghands:

As nice as having a VFD would be, I decided to just use the RPC for now since I already have it. I will have to wire it but that won't be too bad. Turns out my local Lowes is going to stop carrying 6-2 UF cable and I was able to pick up their remaining stock for $0.44/ft, that helps a bit.

I know how my weekend will be spent, providing all goes well and I receive the mill tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Road Runner freight was used on mine. They had the broker pick it up from QMT then hauled it all the way to Salt Lake City where it was offloaded and loaded onto a smaller box van with a lift gate. Then the box van delivered to my home shop. All my tracking was even done through Road Runner Freight with the exception of the day of delivery when it was sent via a local carrier.

Excited to see pictures of yours set up and running.

Road Runner freight was used on mine. They had the broker pick it up from QMT then hauled it all the way to Salt Lake City where it was offloaded and loaded onto a smaller box van with a lift gate. Then the box van delivered to my home shop. All my tracking was even done through Road Runner Freight with the exception of the day of delivery when it was sent via a local carrier.

That is how the lathe was delivered, RR to a local depot and moved to a smaller van with a lift gate but Ray C and Nicole both mentioned the machine is too much for a lift gate, so they ship in a different fashion, resulting in the forthcoming shuffle.

That is how the lathe was delivered, RR to a local depot and moved to a smaller van with a lift gate but Ray C and Nicole both mentioned the machine is too much for a lift gate, so they ship in a different fashion, resulting in the forthcoming shuffle.

For some reason that is different information that I got. Matt specifically told me the 935 is the largest mill they will ship via a liftgate service. For a very, very brief moment I talked to Matt about a 949TV even though I knew it was well beyond not only the room I had to spare but also the budget and he informed me that the 949 is a full-size vertical mill and would NOT be deliverable via liftgate. It would have to come via truck to shipping dock and then it was the owners responsibility to get it to its' final destination. To be honest I already knew the 949 was too much for my budget and shop so that was the deciding factor to stick with the 935, because they could deliver it via liftgate right to my shop door.

Wonder why the different information?

For some reason that is different information that I got. Matt specifically told me the 935 is the largest mill they will ship via a liftgate service. For a very, very brief moment I talked to Matt about a 949TV even though I knew it was well beyond not only the room I had to spare but also the budget and he informed me that the 949 is a full-size vertical mill and would NOT be deliverable via liftgate. It would have to come via truck to shipping dock and then it was the owners responsibility to get it to its' final destination. To be honest I already knew the 949 was too much for my budget and shop so that was the deciding factor to stick with the 935, because they could deliver it via liftgate right to my shop door.

Wonder why the different information?

That is the same info, I may not have been clear. Since it's too big for the lift gate I am having it delivered to a guy who moves machines, he'll take it off the truck with a forklift and then move it to my shop. It's going to run about $500 for that but I really wanted a full size mill and and included the cost of having it moved from dock to shop in my calculations when deciding if it was feasible. I had a good paying side job this summer that paid for the bulk of this otherwise it wouldn't have happened, at least not for some time.

That is the same info, I may not have been clear. Since it's too big for the lift gate I am having it delivered to a guy who moves machines, he'll take it off the truck with a forklift and then move it to my shop. It's going to run about $500 for that but I really wanted a full size mill and and included the cost of having it moved from dock to shop in my calculations when deciding if it was feasible. I had a good paying side job this summer that paid for the bulk of this otherwise it wouldn't have happened, at least not for some time.

Nope it's not you. It's me, I had two separate threads mixed up and was thinking you ordered a 935 until I looked at the thread title more clearly and realized that you indeed say you ordered the 949.

Sorry for the confusion. Like I said, I very briefly looked at the same mill you ordered but it was a little large and and outside my already stretched budget.

I am curious to see how you like it. Please be sure to post up some pics and a review of the mill if you don't mind.

Nope it's not you. It's me, I had two separate threads mixed up and was thinking you ordered a 935 until I looked at the thread title more clearly and realized that you indeed say you ordered the 949.

Sorry for the confusion. Like I said, I very briefly looked at the same mill you ordered but it was a little large and and outside my already stretched budget.

I am curious to see how you like it. Please be sure to post up some pics and a review of the mill if you don't mind.

Question...

Is this 949 a Taiwanese machine, and is it the same size category as a full sized Bridgeport?
THX

This one is Taiwanese, that is the T in the TS designation, the S being step pulley. While a TV would have been nice I opted for what Matt had in stock. He said "it's a very high end machine" and that if set next to a brand new BP that I wouldn't be dissappointed. I hope his assessment is accurate.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

No worries, I know the feeling all too well. Plenty of pics and I may do a video tour and review, I liked the one you did on your lathe.

This one is Taiwanese, that is the T in the TS designation, the S being step pulley. While a TV would have been nice I opted for what Matt had in stock. He said "it's a very high end machine" and that if set next to a brand new BP that I wouldn't be dissappointed. I hope his assessment is accurate.

Thanks for correcting me. I remember now the nomenclature as Matt explained it to me but had a brain fart. I also remember Matt telling me that it is the exact same head as on the PM935TV, just that the 935 is a smaller body.

Back