PM-949TV Ordered

Re: PM-949TS Ordered

No worries, I know the feeling all too well. Plenty of pics and I may do a video tour and review, I liked the one you did on your lathe.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Cool, looking forward to it.

I did a video review on my PM935TV about a week or so ago, I just haven't had time to edit and post it to my channel.

Thanks for correcting me. I remember now the nomenclature as Matt explained it to me but had a brain fart. I also remember Matt telling me that it is the exact same head as on the PM935TV, just that the 935 is a smaller body.

That sounds like a good deal... the larger head on a smaller table.

Is your 935 considered a 2/3 or a 3/4 Bridgeport?

Reason I am asking... in the back of my mind, I have this idea of finding an old Bridgie and doing a rebuild.

It's off the truck and should be here this afternoon. I'm giddy with anticipation. ;-)

5usanyny.jpg
uze5etu7.jpg
y6edyryj.jpg

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

5usanyny.jpg

uze5etu7.jpg

y6edyryj.jpg

That sounds like a good deal... the larger head on a smaller table.

Is your 935 considered a 2/3 or a 3/4 Bridgeport?

Reason I am asking... in the back of my mind, I have this idea of finding an old Bridgie and doing a rebuild.

Not sure what it is exactly. Matt referred to it as a 2/3 size when I first was researching.

By the way, it is hard to see yours with all that plastic on it. Why is it still covered up? What's taking so long?:bitingnails:

Not sure what it is exactly. Matt referred to it as a 2/3 size when I first was researching.

It is a 55% (by weight)...
It is a 71% (by width)...
It is a 91% (by height)...
It is 2/3 (by volume)...

The "2/3" or "3/4" nomenclature is used interchageably to describe any bridgeport-like machine that is smaller than the original, although I have normally heard it used in reference to the 8x30 class of machines... which are significantly smaller than the PM935TS/TV. I think the 935TS/TV is really best just called a"bridgeport". It should be just as capable, and has all the same features.

Pretty much cleaned up. I connected the DRO just to make sure it worked, which it did. I have to route all the cables and make them all neat. I have some real incentive now to get the RPC wired up and everything connected. I also have to install the leveling feet, I didn't see them in the toolbox while the machine moving crew was here or I would have done so then. Should not be too bad though. If anyone in the Denver area needs a mill moved, these guys have an very slick set up. So slick he asked I not take pictures of it as he has a patent application for it. Suffice to say, it took less than 10 minutes to get it off the trailer and into my shop.

In terms of quality, smooth is the operative word, at least the table and controls. .002 backlash on the X, .004 on the Y. Very smooth feel to the controls. There are few small flaws but in comparison the my Chinese `45 clone it replaced, in a different world in terms of fit and finish.

A few photos to show it did happen. :)

2014-10-03 13.58.55.jpg 2014-10-03 15.23.25.jpg 2014-10-03 15.23.35.jpg 2014-10-03 15.24.13.jpg 2014-10-03 15.24.23.jpg 2014-10-03 15.24.42.jpg 2014-10-03 15.25.41.jpg 2014-10-03 15.25.51.jpg 2014-10-03 15.26.04.jpg 2014-10-03 15.26.09.jpg 2014-10-03 15.29.06.jpg 2014-10-03 15.29.24.jpg 2014-10-03 15.31.14.jpg 2014-10-03 15.32.20.jpg 2014-10-03 16.03.31.jpg

You're going to love that machine!

When will the chips fly?

Looks great.

At least yours arrived in the "vertical" position.:lmao:

looks beautiful, bet you are stoked. Always a worry that your 2600# machine will make it all the way to your house without unnecessary dings (sorry motor!).

You're going to love that machine!

When will the chips fly?

Maybe this weekend, assuming I can get the RPC wired up and everything works correctly. I have all the materials here, so hopefully that will go well and fairly quickly. Straight run from the main breaker panel to my mechanical room where the RPC will live and one corner to the machine, so putting up the conduit should be easy and pulling the wire isn't bad, I have a 50ft fish tape, which is more than enough.

Looks great.

At least yours arrived in the "vertical" position.:lmao:

Yep but the mover said the driver didn't have the pallet strapped down in the semi, so it could have slid around. With the knee all the way down and the head inverted at least the CG was fairly low and it didn't tip over. I need to go look at your thread about the drive pin in the spindle, I've tried both a collet and my drill chuck and neither fit into the spindle, the pin seems a wee bit too large or sticks in too far. I don't have an adjustable pin spanner so I've got to either find someone local that sells them, maybe NAPA or another auto parts store, or cut up some AL plate and make one. I could order a proper one but that means I have to stare at the damn thing all weekend, and I certainly don't want to do that. :)

Back