PM 935TS ordered. Need guidance on VFD components and installation.

I ordered a WJ200-022SF from Precision Matthew when I ordered my 950 the first part of November. I did not verify they actually had in stock but there was no indication that they didn't have it.

Good luck I hope they have one for you.

Tim
Hitachi VFD ordered. Should be here 4-5 days. Thanks for the tip!

Now with the Hitachi wj200 ordered, I'm making a list of parts to complete the controls. Of the schematics that Mark provided, I like this one the best, with a change. Can the speed be controlled with the speed pot instead of fixed "hz" by JOG? Or is that what a "fixed multi-bit input is?
If it's possible that is my choice for sure. What would the control schematic look like then?

Attachments

• prefered.pdf
    398.1 KB · Views: 99
If you do not connect the JOG/multi-speed input then it will revert to the speed pot setting. There is hierarchical commands where some will over ride other commands, so for the jog input it over rides the speed pot and believe this is also true for the multi-speed inputs.

Just finished installing a big heatsink and 12v fan on my "CP" VFD. Cost me $0.00 thanks to my extensive junk box :laughing:

Just finished installing a big heatsink and 12v fan on my "CP" VFD. Cost me $0.00 thanks to my extensive junk box :laughing:
Wondered about doing that too when I found those listed so reasonable in cost, but glad I found the non "CP" version.

I'm ordering wiring supplies and have a question for the cable between the controls and the VFD. Located a shielded multiconductor cable to cover all connections needed to the control box. Should the wires from the speed pot be shielded from the rest of the control wires or can I use one cable to cover everything?

I recommend shielded cable for the speed pot if it is more than 5-6', it can be in the same cable as the VFD control wire or separate. The shield is only connected at the VFD end and not at the machine end except for the motor cable. Unshielded wires can pick up VFD electrical noise, I have seen this several times as increased jitter on the VFD frequency and sometimes with tachs, etc. Typically less of an issue with the speed pot because I maximize the filter/jitter setting for the speed pot. I have also seen where people ran the control wires in the same conduit and/or close to the motor wires and had erratic false signaling.

Most parts have been ordered for the VFD installation. One of the parts not yet ordered due to out of stock where I've checked is a 15A dual pole miniature breaker. I have found either a 16A with c curve or 15A with b curve or d curve available. This breaker will be used for 120V outlets used by two power feeds and the DRO, and a 12V power supply. With these loads, would the 15A b curve have a lot of nuisance tripping issues?

What do you plan on powering from that 120V 15A source?
On my rig, I'm running two LED down-lighter lamps, an aquarium air pump, Z and X Axis drives, an air solenoid valve, the 12V control power supply and the DRO. Total 2.5A and 80% of that are intermittent loads, so I've got tons of headroom.

Back