PM 935 mill - Owners List

Sorry, I can't help with turret measurements.

My poor 935 lives in the basement.
PM-935.jpg

I would love to see details on the CNC conversion. Is it available as a kit? Otherwise do you have plans?

It's kludged together. Clearpath cpm-sdsk-3432s-rln servos, hiwin ground ballscrews (0.0005)for a 9 x 36 bridgeport so note the chunk of 30 year old boeing surplus aluminum on the x-axis for the extra inch and a centroid acorn board to run it. The hiwin yoke has 2 of the 3 bolts match so you will need to drill and tap a 3rd one. Other than that, a pandemic to have some free time to putz around. I got the mill in march of 2020 so there was some free time available. Powermatic in cali was the middle man for the ball screws if you go this route.

I thought the same thing. It didn't feel small while moving, but the knee is all the way down. Oh, I'm also nearly 6' 5", so that tends to make it look smaller.

I do think I'm going to have to build a riser though. Maybe repurpose the pallet it came on, that was a very solid stack of wood.
Todd, I am considering placing an order for a PM-935 and hoping to find someone near me who has one I can take a look at. I live in Denham Springs, LA, 5-6 hours drive to Holly Springs, MS. Would you consider having me as a house (shop) guest for a few hours to audition your new mill? I am retired and have a very flexible schedule.

My PM-935T-V Milling Machine is on a truck and due to arrive today. It's going into my garage along with a PM-1236-T Lathe which is due later this month. My lead time on these machines was three months. I'll get it into the garage and I will think about how I am going to lift it and set it up. I can see from others that I will need to elevate it 7 inches or so. I did order the leveling feet.

The truck arrived at my house. The the truck driver was nervous about pulling the crate onto the lift gate which was too small and drooping. They had loaded it on a dock, so he only realized how big it was when he got to my house. I told him not to take the chance. So they will try again another day with a bigger truck.

Back