PM 935 mill - Owners List

My Rockwell is on a big riser, as is my Hardinge. Getting things set to your height is soooo worth doing!!!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I spaced mine up 7" so that the mill vice jaws are about 47" off the floor, matching my lathe for accessibility.

On the PM935-TS mills, there's a cover-plate on the left and backside of the pedestal, covering the openings. Can someone please enlighten me as to the dimensions of those openings?

On the PM935-TS mills, there's a cover-plate on the left and backside of the pedestal, covering the openings. Can someone please enlighten me as to the dimensions of those openings?
The cover is 9 7/8 X 13. If no one else chimes in, I can pull off a plate tomorrow and measure the opening.

Thank you so much, that would be very much appreciated.

Has anyone installed a 6" riser block on their PM 935. Looks like they are made in 4", 6", and 8". I contacted PM and they do not offer one and I am doubtful the Bridgeport is the same size.
On a rough measurement, the OD is for the riser is approximately 11.6"/295mm, and the ID inside the step is approximately 9.5"/241mm.
Thanks.
Jim

Thanks for sending the video. I have seen it and the advantages are obvious if you have the vertical space in your shop. Z axis is always at a premium and this is one way to correct that shortcoming. The riser blocks are readily available and easy to install. I am just trying to source the correct one.....

It would be great to know who the PM935 owners are here on the forum. From time to time we all have a machine specific question and it sure would be nice to have the owners list. Then one could send them a private mail or post a separate thread using the forum's.
I ordered and received my PM-935TS in June 2018. This was an upgrade from a 20 year old Rong Fu 45. Since delivery, I have customized the mill with numerous upgrades including a Mark Jacobs VFD control system with unique tapping features, 3-axis Newall DP700 DRO, Align power feeders on X/Y/Z, custom Mitutoyo quill DRO, stripped and repainted the entire mill, TorqueRite power drawbar, customized pneumatic panel with Fogbuster MLQ system, custom tachometer and quill light, stainless handles/knobs, etc.

Build log is here.
Shop tour video is here.

PM-935 Best Jacobs Edition.jpg

Thanks for sending your build/re-build log on the PM 935. I found it very informative and entertaining. You didn't by any chance take any measurements of the turret mounting to the main body did you. As I mentioned above, my measurements are approximate and I would like to have the most accurate info available if possible. Once again, great post.

Back