PM 728VT question

this wasn't what I would call a restoration. if you look closely at the photos, the only parts I painted were the base and the motor. the head, table and any other painted areas I just cleaned, neutralized the rust to black inert spots and oiled with Corrosion Block. I prefer to save original finish wherever I can, though its not always possible. all of the unpainted areas I did have to remove surface rust and polish the metal. I didn't even need to replace any bearings because this machine was cared for most of its life.

oops. your link is incorrect. mine is the 17" Delta model.
Hahahaha it was correct for the Atlas drill press I thought it was. That is, until you told me it was actually a Delta.

Thank you for the correct link!

Can we then call it a preservation job? All I want it to convey was that it came out looking great.

Have a great day!

here is a full on restoration job. this is a 1970 USA made bandsaw I found on craigslist. the old fella was from new york and had placed it in fair condition outside against his new home in Bradenton Florida, sitting on the mulch bed. he was all perplexed that it had rusted as he had 2 tarps over it. said it was fine when he stored it that way up north. welcome to tropical rains and high humidity.

IMG_20190516_162316.jpg
IMG_20190518_140345.jpg
IMG_20190518_141222.jpg

if you google the address on this nameplate, this company is still in business, still in the same location and still making this saw. I was able to get every part I needed including bearings, complete kit for the inside of the hydraulic ram and PDF's of owners manual and parts manual.
nice helpful people working there. they asked me to send them photos when I was done which I did. I also got the paint code from them for the color they are currently using as I hate the OSHA yellow that the government mandated be put on moving parts guards in that era.

IMG_20190516_164117.jpg

anyways, disassembled, bead blasted everything, applied metal conditioner, primed with Sherwin Williams Kem Kromik and painted with Sherwin Williams Industrial Enamel.

IMG_20190518_172352.jpg
IMG_20190529_132907.jpg

Back