PM 1340GT delivery and setup

Ok, I get the first part, to narrow the width of the plate to the widest part of the "T" slot, and it sounds like the first line of the second paragraph is decreasing the thickness of the of the plate to the height of the "T" slot, but how did you decrease the width of the plate to fit the narrow part of the "T"? I know how I would do it on a mill, but not sure how to do it on lathe. I guess you could mount a cutter in the spindle, then mount the plate to the cross slide and slide it across?
You just turn it down like I described There is no reason why it can't be round, the bottom part registers in the wider part of the slot, the top part just gives it more thickness so it's stronger.

Excellent tips, Bob. Especially the part to make sure there is enough clearance below the machined base so that the protruding post bolt can't break the t slot or the compound. Maybe I can face the bottom of post bolt to be flush with the base?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

If you ordered the tool post with the lathe, I can send you a machined T nut if you need it, I just did a run of them on one of our CNC Mills, just email us can let me know who you are.
Thanks, I am already in touch with tech support, they will send me a slot. But I will anyway try to machine the flat piece to learn.

If you ordered the tool post with the lathe, I can send you a machined T nut if you need it, I just did a run of them on one of our CNC Mills, just email us can let me know who you are.
Sounds good, I appreciate it. I will send an email.

Whew, my first real milling project. Learnt a bunch. Also made mistake of not tightening y axis on mill so there is 0.05" unnecessary gap at bottom. Made sure that top of T nut is slightly recessed from the compound surface so QCTP is sitting tight.

Btw what is the difference between 201 and 202 tool holders?
aebd88fc91c82223ac4ae0199209e3b3.jpg
5f28f52ce84ca03ae0423b99525f3922.jpg

201 takes square tool holders,202 takes square holders and boring bars.

201 takes square tool holders,202 takes square holders and boring bars.
Thanks, I just checked again and saw a small v groove on the 202.

Thanks for checking in Matt :encourage:

Back