PM 1340GT delivery and setup

advmaker

Registered
Registered
After months of wait, my PM 1340GT finally arrived today. Driveway is slightly sloped and was icy so it was quite an effort together with the delivery person. My own pallet jack was of great help. As our feet slipped, I used a map torch to melt ice to get traction, then figured to just put some scrap steel down to use like a crampon.

I will use this thread to share the process of building a table and moving to my garage.

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 11.09.58 AM.png

Was yours on the November arrival shipment? I'm still waiting for mine that was on that shipment, exciting times.....

Could not wait to uncrate! How to get this brown thing off?

It is sitting in front of my garage. The plan is to make a steel table with the help of the dimension of the drip pan. Of course the legs will have enough spread from front to back. Then will lift it from headstock side using 2ton engine hoist and slide in the table. The table will have cross bars lengthwise at the bottom so I can move the whole thing using pallet jack. And then wiring will be another episode, got the vfd already, yet to dig in for the instructions.
eb19ff8011395209d56b1201667cda63.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

How to get this brown thing off?

When I got my TL1440 & PM949TS I used some WD40 then tried some "mineral spirits". Mineral spirits work far better for me. On the lead screw I used a few pieces of tee shirt material in about 1 inch wide strips. When you pull on it narrows up and pulls into the grooves, that worked pretty good. Mine arrived toward the end of Oct. and was pretty cool outside. After working on the cleaning for few hours went to convenience store to get a drink and came back. When I walked back in the garage it was like WOOHH, that was a STRONG smell. I had to open the doors. Being in it from the start, didn't realize how bad it was until I left and came back. Also using a piece of plastic like a credit card or decal squeegee works wonders and doesn't scratch any of the surfaces.

Last edited:
How to get this brown thing off?

When I got my TL1440 & PM949TS is used some WD40 then tried some "mineral spirits". Mineral spirits work far better for me. On the lead screw I used a few pieces of tee shirt material in about 1 inch wide strips. When you pull on it narrows up and pulls into the grooves, that worked pretty good. Mine arrived toward the end of Oct. and was pretty cool outside. After working on the cleaning for few hours went to convenience store to get a drink and came back. When I walked back in the garage it was like WOOHH, that was a STRONG smell. I had to open the doors. Being in it from the start, didn't realize how bad it was until I left and came back. Also using a piece of plastic like a credit card or decal squeegee works wonders and doesn't scratch any of the surfaces.
Great input, thanks a lot.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Back