PM 1340GT and PM 932PD Ordered Today

They take extended vacations and celebrate their New Year but, they manage the work forces with split shifts etc...

Ray

Well that should be good news for the 1340GT at least.

I'm waiting very patiently for my 932 I ordered from Ray about a week ago. The way it's going I'll have the mill before I ever get the stand for my Lathe. What a nightmare. Is there a thread on here, that anyone knows about, where you can warn people about really crappy sellers. This one is on Ebay. I'm really takin it up the you know what !!
Really looking forward to the mill .
Best,
Houston

I'm waiting very patiently for my 932 I ordered from Ray about a week ago. The way it's going I'll have the mill before I ever get the stand for my Lathe. What a nightmare. Is there a thread on here, that anyone knows about, where you can warn people about really crappy sellers. This one is on Ebay. I'm really takin it up the you know what !!
Really looking forward to the mill .
Best,
Houston

When were you told to expect the 932? What lathe did you order and from who?

Mike.

turner505, You may know this, but doesn't sound like it. I have been a buyer only on ebay (look for ebay guarantee sticker) and have had several marginal experiences. In every case the ebay-paypal complaint system has found the cases for me and issued credit. You must use the system and be patient. Even before I actually joined paypal the cr card was processed thru them. If the terms of the sale are not met like delivery you should contact the seller in writing once or twice and document it on email or notes. If the vendor will not respond or keeps slipping ,open a case with ebay. They will take from there with the vendor..

Re warning others: the "my ebay" provides for your text statement , whether good or bad about the vendor which will be published on "my ebay." One day I was really surprised to see one of my complaints appear as a stand- alone web site warning statement. It ran several weeks. (how it go there , no clue).

RayC. I ain't gonna use the term, but we all know what happens when demand outstrips supply. But maybe in this case the demand base has not yet recognized the branding differences. I wouldn't If I hadn't read this forum.

Mike, I'm 8 to 10 weeks out on the mill. Could have gotten one sooner but it did not have the options I wanted so I'll wait.
The lathe I bought is a 12 x 36 ShopFox which I received but the stands did'nt show and the crate was a mess. I filed a complaint about 10 days ago, which got their attention, and they said they'd had to order the stand and it was going out that day if I'd close the case. I believed him and a week later I emailed and he said they're shipping today and he'd get me shipping info. Never heard any thing else yet. They were really upset that I'd filed a claim but it got their attention. Now they are back to dicking me around. Tctjsales on ebay from somewhere in NY state. I can't even unpack and clean up the lathe cause I have nowhere to set it and don't want to be moving it all over anyway. It weighs about 1200 pounds.
I don't know if I can file another case against them or not since I closed that one. Maybe I'll get it this week.
Best,
Houston

RayC. I ain't gonna use the term, but we all know what happens when demand outstrips supply. But maybe in this case the demand base has not yet recognized the branding differences. I wouldn't If I hadn't read this forum.

Our policy is to be as close to wholesale as possible. The factories incrementally increase prices all the time and we find ways to get around it such as finding better deals for shipping both in terms of cargo transport and local transport. We did have to pass along some increases but they were minimal -on the order of 30-50 bucks on some machines. We don't plan to "gouge" anyone. If you knew Matt or me, you'd know that we prefer to have friends as customers instead of hateful relationships. We're not perfect in the service we offer and we're well aware of the long waits. All I can say is that it bugs us about 10 times worse as it bugs you guys.

Ray

​I ain't bugged Ray Lol. :)

Let me tell you how frustrating this is from our perspective... First, it's nice to work with someone and figure-out what they need. Believe it or not, I've managed to reduce what people expected to buy in all my sales so far. Once I find-out what kind of work they really do, I suggest the most appropriate tools and in many cases, simpler and easier ways to do the work. I never "up-sell" or play any mind-games and after a couple hours on the phone or emails, you get a good feel for what will make that person happy. Then, it turns-out they need a machine that's not in stock. -Bummer. In addition, many folks get pretty annoyed about the delay. I understand and wish there was something we could do to speed it up. When a shipment comes in, all hell breaks loose at Matt's place. He hires a couple more helpers (the same guys all the time) and they work 12 hours/day and weekends to get the machines out.

All of this would be avoided if the factories could deliver product at the intervals they say they will -but it doesn't often happen. Matt has to buy machines on an annual contract basis, agreeing to purchase say 100 model-1 units, 250 model-2 units, 500 model-3 units etc... The factories say they will deliver them in equal numbers 4 times a year. Nope, we might get half the supply in one shipment instead of evenly spaced-out. Sometimes they don't supply the year's quota and roll it over to the next year. Can you say "warehouse issues"? This makes life really tough for both you guys and us. Matt's been doing this now for 15 years and this is par for the course.

-And once again, the problem is not limited to just us. All of the upper tier machine vendors are the same way. Machine shops call us and say that no vendors have a 1440 lathe so they call us to see if we have anything in stock and they'll grab it -even though it's not the one they really want. We don't gouge, we just sell it at the advertised price.

Your guess is as good as mine as to why the delays from the factories are so frequent. We don't get that level of information from them when it comes to bad news. Matt is an authorize Gator dealer, Hitachi dealer, Sharp dealer, and several others. He does that so he stands a better chance of getting product to sell. And BTW, our Gator prices are the lowest in town and we have most common things in stock or can get it in 48 hours. -And speaking of that, he needs to send me the inventory list...

Ray

Turner I have the Grizzly G4003G 12x36 lathe, if yours has the same size stands and you are not 6'5" tall you may want to think about just building a stand. Mine is a good 5" too tall, confirmed by my brother who's been a machinist for over 20 years. Also the stand is too shallow front to back, worse if you put leveling pads on it. A mild earthquake which we rarely get in my area but they do happen would topple it over. So I'm waiting for the weather to improve then I'll fire up the MIG outside and build a new stand for mine. Darkzero don't think I forgot about the welding lesson tease! I have not begun to design my stand in CAD yet but I love blasting chips with flood coolant and I'm used to cleaning machines with a coolant hose:think1:this will get expensive and involve my pals in the CNC punch press shop.

Back