Plasma Cutter help

Thanks General. As I think that my usage will be sporadic, higher consumable cost will not be as big an impact as if I used it daily but I'll be sure to look at the cost. I don't have any extra special air dryer for my air system but have thought of building a DIY copper loop dryer at some point.
I appreciate everyone's thoughts and suggestions.

I think those copper systems are fine for general purpose air tool use, and you can condense a lot of water, but you will still not be able to take out water vapor from the air at ambient temperature unless you have either a refridgerated air dryer and/or a superb desiccant dryer system. Think about it---the air before entering your compressor is at ambient temperature, yet it still holds water vapor; the water simply does not condense on it's own and drop out onto the ground just because it is "ambient", right? :)

I think those copper systems are fine for general purpose air tool use,
You might be right. Overall I live in a area with moderate to low humidity plus I have a Mini-Split that is removing moister at least during the summer. Regardless, I can't see putting in an active moisture removal system just for a limited amount of cutting per year.

Eastwood .... ? Wood and weldig ??? ... again and again , china china for bad price , you can BUY

STAHLWERK CUT 70 D Pilot for 500 i got one for project also from china and can do 20mm easy and tested on 25mm without prob , made for Germany is like eastwood for USA just cost les , plasma is ok but welding machine quality like eastwood .. :)

Guys do not buy plasma without HF ( arc pilot ) , get good 3 way separator and you dont need cooler . Just saying ... Using plasma a lot so when i will say cooler need to drain 6 times a day , cost of electric , noise etc ... and water always there .. :) Long tube , diff temperature betwen rooms etc .. :) . Never end strory .. :)

@Weld ON Unfortunately Stahlwerk will not ship to North America.
Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 1.06.46 PM.png

After lots of soul searching and not a inconsiderable amount of waffling, I just placed and order for a Hypertherm Powermax45 XP. $2500 with extra consumables and a circle guide. Thanks for all the feedback and discussion on options.

There are several videos online about consumables, and clean air. You need to practice pacing, slow is not always good it widens the gap, makes a lot of slag, and it wants to keep eating something.

Excellent choice, that torch has a lot of accessory tips available that I wish I could use on my 35.

Excellent choice, that torch has a lot of accessory tips available that I wish I could use on my 35.
The number one feature that pushed me to the 45 XP over the 35 XP was the ability to use in a CNC rig at some future point. That and the higher duty cycle

I have a cheap Lotos with the pilot arc.
I was rude calling Lotus cheap, but, well it was.
There is no comparison between a Hypertherm and the Lotus I had.
The 45XP is more like $2100 brand new.
I believe you are right. I don't know where I got $1,300. Wishful thinking maybe??
What ever it is, I'd buy it again!
That and my patent pending (just kidding) Plasma Drawer, make using the Hypertherm Powermax 45 XP a real pleasure

Attachments

• plasma table.jpg
    plasma table.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 13
Next step is a cutting table. I am leaning on converting 1/3 (2'x3') of my current welding table to slats and instead of a water table, just make a sheet metal funnel to catch the slag in a bucket.

Back