One Day Left = Retirement

Congratulations Jeff. It is a ride, isn't it?! Did you work in the same place all of those years? That is nearly unheard of if that is the case.
My brother retired last week on the 23rd, the same as my birthday, LOL. He has gone to work in the exact same building since he started there on December 1st, 1975. He was a diesel pump tech and could fix any pump that came through that door. They lost a ton of knowledge when he walked out the door.

Again, congrats!!

Congratulations Jeff!

Live the dream!!!!

Brian

Congratulations! Welcome to the club. I have no regrets.

Congrats Jeff ! You ever need Old Bay seasoning out there just give me a holler . :)

Curious if some of the guys would share their last day on the job. My case, I went to work and punched in with nothing to do. My replacement was in my job. I was free to go through the factory and offices to say good by which I had already done over the last week. At break time, we all assembled for cake in the break room. Myself and another guy got travel mugs as a going away present. We were free to leave anytime during the day and get paid for the whole day. So at 8:30 in the morning I got walked out to the gate and that was that. I honestly didn't know what to do. For 26 years, when I left, I was coming back. It was really strange the next morning getting up to go to work, but no work.

Don't worry, you will get over that soon enough!!!!

Congratulations Jeff. It is a ride, isn't it?! Did you work in the same place all of those years? That is nearly unheard of if that is the case.
My brother retired last week on the 23rd, the same as my birthday, LOL. He has gone to work in the exact same building since he started there on December 1st, 1975. He was a diesel pump tech and could fix any pump that came through that door. They lost a ton of knowledge when he walked out the door.

Again, congrats!!
I was hired on here in 1986 as a parts manager. I was coming from the Hertz Corp. I was a corporate parts manager. Fresno to Anchorage was my zone.
35 years in one spot!!
I was promoted to general manager about 25 years ago.

Congratulations.
Just remember everyday is a Saturday. Enjoy it

Back