old & vintage machine tool

My swiss lathe is 1955 (Schaublin), precision drill stand about 1950. Both are much older than me but they do not lose precision, like me.

I definitely like to work with them.

Werner

I have a couple of rare birds that I use daily. A Gorton mill from the 40's with the war production board stamp still on her, and Harrison from the sixties I believe. That baby has the queens stamp of approval on her bottom... I've worked in a heavy production in a shop where all of the machines (except for some recent cnc additions) were from the early to mid 40's. That place hummed along with the clack clack clack of the flat belts. I visited recently, and those machines are still making piles of chips.

My Hardinge HLVH is a 1964. Just a little worn,but still capable of great accuracy for most of what I do. It leaves beautiful finishes. I have a 1950's Delta 20" wood bandsaw I'm repainting. It's all there,though,as Delta's "Historic parts" are way too expensive. I've had my Clausing table saw bought new from 1963,and my Craftsman drill press,same vintage. No real old machines like some here have. I saved an early Barnes lathe in decent shape from the junkyard for $100.00 by posting it. Another reader snapped it up.

So far my collection is a Southbend 9A (1946) and a
Pratt & Whitney 3C Bench Miller year unknown. If any body
knows where to find out how old this P&W is please let me know.
Snugrat :dunno:

I am rebuilding a 13" sb lathe from 1947. And, my mill is a 1901 Garvin #2 horizontal. It will be next to be refreshed.

I forgot my fp1 Deckel and Harrison universal mill,both from the 70's.

1932 Atlas 9" x 18" ( replaced by ) 1942 Monarch CK 12 that runs like a dream. I have a power hacksaw that was available in kit form from the 50s-70s too.

Back