New Project --- "The Catfish Reaper"

Re: New Project

One side in the rough. On to the other.

"Billy G"

102_0828 (850 x 565).jpg

All holes drilled and counter bored. This is how the holder works. Lift the rod, the clam shells open. They will not fall out, they are pinned together at the bottom pivot point.

"Billy G"

102_0829 (850 x 565).jpg

Great! I'm ready! Just need a tub of chicken livers and panty hose...

Great! I'm ready! Just need a tub of chicken livers and panty hose...

I was wondering what chicken livers and panty hose might have to do with machining (though they might have applications in other "hobby" activities). After opening the thread I understand about the chicken livers, but panty hose? You put them on the catfish? They don't have legs! (at least, the ones up here don't).

For bait, we used to use the cheapest, toughest, and most grissle-y old piece of beef we could find, and leave it out until it was nice and ripe. Once put on a big treble hook, not even a catfish can get it off. Sometimes we used the same piece all day. A bad day fishing is better than a good day working.

I was wondering about the pantyhose too. :thinking: You guys must have even more fun fishing than we do... :lmao:

GG

I was wondering what chicken livers and panty hose might have to do with machining (though they might have applications in other "hobby" activities). After opening the thread I understand about the chicken livers, but panty hose? You put them on the catfish? They don't have legs! (at least, the ones up here don't).

Cut a 3 inch square from the Pante Hose and tie the Chicken Liver in it. Then put it on the hook. You can't get it off. Did you ever try to take off the lit -------- never mind this is a coed Forum. :lmao::dunno::dunno:

"Billy G"

I am assuming they use the panty hose to hold some kind of bait to attract the fish. We used to stuff it with dry dog food and a rock to wait it down to "bait" the area we were fishing. the dog food will swell up and weep through the hose but they cant really get at it good. If you have ever seen commercial fish food it looks like dog food. We have some big channel cats in south carolina.

Cut a 3 inch square from the Pante Hose and tie the Chicken Liver in it. Then put it on the hook. You can't get it off. Did you ever try to take off the lit -------- never mind this is a coed Forum. :lmao::dunno::dunno:

"Billy G"

It's good to learn that your catfish don't have legs. I already had heard how big they are.

Ha ha ha :rofl:

Yeah, I figured there'd be some fishermen on here. That's an old trick, and, no, we don't do that 'Joe Namath' thing.

You take yer chikken-guts, stinkbait, whatever, and mush it around the treble-hook, completely hiding the hook. Then wrap it with some panty-hose, tie it off, to hold it all together. Mr. Cat can't feel the hook, and can't get to the food, so he 'crunches' down on it.

Gotcha, Mr. Cat...

Getting the parts ready for anodize. Now it takes time and elbow grease. :lmao: :lmao:

"Billy G"

102_0830 (850 x 565).jpg

Back