New Project --- "The Catfish Reaper"

Re: New Project

You need to try some "magic string." It's a single elastic thread on a little bobbin. just hold the liver on the hook's eye, drape it on the shank and start winding, pulling the string tight. it wraps even partially liquid liver up good. when i cut it off the hook to rebait, i drop it in a ziploc bag, then dispose of it properly so i don't strangle some poor bird with it. breaks easily enough, though.

Mix some crushed garlic with your liver. Absolutely reeks, won't wash off your hands, but catfish *love* it.

Working on the second rod holder. Should complete today. Then cosmetic work and on to the anodize Monday. Need to decide on a color. I was thinking Green?

"Billy G"

Working on the second rod holder. Should complete today. Then cosmetic work and on to the anodize Monday. Need to decide on a color. I was thinking Green?

"Billy G"

Green is okay but my favorite is medium Maui blue metallic pearl. Wonder if that's possible. :thinking:
Dave

Almost done. Took much longer than I thought it would.

"Billy G"

102_0832 (850 x 565).jpg

Haven't done anything in over a week. Get up and go got up and went. :lmao: Grandson is here and he has the perfect name for it. I even found a good decal with the name. He came up with "Catfish Reaper". Perfect.

"Billy G"

A little more elbow grease and some TLC and it is done. Maybe a lot more EG. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

"Billy G"

102_0836 (850 x 565).jpg

Now a couple of electric reels and you can sit back with a brew, while the rig does all the work:roflmao:

Now a couple of electric reels and you can sit back with a brew, while the rig does all the work:roflmao:

Hmmmmmmmmm - I have a couple of Bodine units not being used at the moment ???

"Billy G"

Nearing the finish line. That's a lot of parts. (79 Total) Just some buffing and off to Hard Anodize Clear.

"Billy G"

102_0837 (850 x 565).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No more shop time till Monday. Grand Kids are here and their families. Only one missing this year. Cork lined and a perfect fit. Merry Christmas Guys, see you Monday.

"Billy G"

102_0839 (850 x 565).jpg 102_0840 (850 x 565).jpg

Back