New PM25!

Anybody bite the bullet and order one of these? I'm very interested in your first impressions! This thing is at the top of my list for new machinery.

Ray-

Is this one of the new Taiwan bench mills you talked about in another thread?

Hrmm... Ray C, just go ahead and take my money. Make it less painful. :p

I was thinking of ordering a PM25 or similar whenever I get my shop built as my first mill. Just in time... muahahaha...

Has anyone gotten this new model of the PM25? Seems like the perfect bench type mill now that it has the brushless motor and belt drive. Has anyone made the plunge yet on this machine? I was considering gettting the G0704, but the new PM25 now seems like the better choice

Has anyone gotten this new model of the PM25? Seems like the perfect bench type mill now that it has the brushless motor and belt drive. Has anyone made the plunge yet on this machine? I was considering gettting the G0704, but the new PM25 now seems like the better choice
I'm considering it...

I've got some money saved up, and I'm currently stuck between buying a mill, or buying a 2-post auto lift. I've wanted to have a lift forever, but on the other hand, I've been wanting a mill for a long time too. The mill could potentially make me some money though, so I don't know. I'm torn...

I'm considering it...

I've got some money saved up, and I'm currently stuck between buying a mill, or buying a 2-post auto lift. I've wanted to have a lift forever, but on the other hand, I've been wanting a mill for a long time too. The mill could potentially make me some money though, so I don't know. I'm torn...

That's a tough decision. Personally I wouldn't be without either one. I use the hell out of both the mill and the two post lift.

Sure beats crawling around on the floor working off of jack stands. So much more productive and convenient working while standing and having tools on a tool cart within easy reach without having to fumble around for them while on your back.

The issue right now seems to be that this new model does not yet have a big track record like the G0704. There does not seem to be a lot of after market mods yet either. I have been told the table is different enough from the G0704 that the CNC kits will probably not fit. But all other things considered, the PM25 seems to have more pluses going for it. Last I called MAtt, he tells me that they just got a shipment in and that after all the machines that were promised out, they have five left.

I just cancelled my G0759 order after speaking with Matt today. Grizzly was very nice and apologized multiple times for the long lead time. I ordered the PM-25MV along with a 3 axis DRO, Matt sells DRO PROS units. Matt has 5 more units in stock and told me that when they are gone his lead time will be similar to Grizzly. I do not currently plan on converting to CNC, so the availability of conversion kits is not an issue. I had already ordered the Hoss Belt Drive conversion plans, so that is the only down side.

Keep us posted about your experience with the machine. It seems like it is about the best of the small mills and I am seriously considering it.

I just cancelled my G0759 order after speaking with Matt today. Grizzly was very nice and apologized multiple times for the long lead time. I ordered the PM-25MV along with a 3 axis DRO, Matt sells DRO PROS units. Matt has 5 more units in stock and told me that when they are gone his lead time will be similar to Grizzly. I do not currently plan on converting to CNC, so the availability of conversion kits is not an issue. I had already ordered the Hoss Belt Drive conversion plans, so that is the only down side.

I would not be worried about cnc kits. It's a mill, you can make that... What I would like to know is how it cuts steel. What kinda DOC can you get. When I was looking I could afford a cheap used bridgeport or a smaller bench mill. So the 704 and the 25 and 35 or what have you was on the list. RayC more or less talked me out of it and I got a bridgy. I was told they are not meant for steel and they would no longer carry them once they were all gone. Which concerned me for parts and the machines ability.

Back