New PM-935T-V Milling Machine has arrived

I inspected the table for flatness with a 4 foot and a 2 foot Starrett straightedge and a 0.0015" feeler gauge. The feeler was a No-Go (Good) all over.
20220514_152010.jpg

20220514_151903.jpg

I checked the table for twist with the machinist level. No twist was detected. (Machine is on pallet and not level)
Table Level Check annotated.png

Last edited:
The nameplate had white paint overspray so I peeled off the plastic film and sprayed it with clear acrylic paint. The film was not the 'removable' kind. I had to use alcohol and a plastic scraper to remove it.

20220518_103211.jpg
20220518_165157.jpg

Last edited:
I powered up the mill for the first time and ran it through the range in High and Low gear. It sounds normal.
Very nice. You got my curiosity up and I went and measured my runout on my 1054TV. .0001.
I am a follower of Abom79 on youtube and he just recently got a KBC Mill and used some CRC Belt Conditioner on it. Made it quieter. So i tried it and sure'nuff, it got a lot quieter.

Very nice. You got my curiosity up and I went and measured my runout on my 1054TV. .0001.
I am a follower of Abom79 on youtube and he just recently got a KBC Mill and used some CRC Belt Conditioner on it. Made it quieter. So i tried it and sure'nuff, it got a lot quieter.
I need to get a 0.0001 indicator to get a more accurate reading. That is a 0.0005.

I need to get a 0.0001 indicator to get a more accurate reading. That is a 0.0005.
Yeah, got to have some of those in this business. Hobby or career.......

I got the table off and the oil lines exposed. The damaged line goes down into the saddle under the leadscrew nut housing. I am hesitant to remove the housing because I don't know how I would get it correctly aligned for replacement. P.M. parts dept is going to contact the factory for guidance.
Table off June 4 (2).jpg

Table off June 4 (1).jpg
Oil Line June 4 (1) annotated.jpg
Oil Line June 4 (3) annotated.jpg

TABLE LEADSCREW COMPONENTS
Leadscrew bearing bracket dowel pins are not present nor are the holes for them. I don't know about the leadscrew nut housing dowel pin. I'm hesitant to remove it until I hear back from P.M.
TABLE LEADSCREW COMPONENTS annotated.jpg

Back