New PM-935T-V Milling Machine has arrived

riveter

Registered
Registered
It is a good day. My new knee mill has made it safely to the ground and into my garage thanks to a nice driver, a big lift gate, and a motorized pallet jack.
I have been using milling machines on and off for 30 years and few days have gone by without thoughts of a Bridgeport mill in my garage. That never happened but many years ago I did buy a round column 'complex machine', a well used Jet brand Rong Fu mill drill with no DRO. I have suffered through some unpleasant hours trying to hold close tolerances in three dimensions using dial indicators on that machine. Now that I am retired, I have found my 'One Machine to Rule Them All'. And while it is not a Bridgeport, I feel good about it. I warmed up to the idea of a Precision Matthews machine because of the community of users online. There is nothing quite like that with other brands.
Over the next few days I will be inspecting it and preparing to lift it. I have a 2 ton engine crane on the way and a toe jack. And I plan on making a steel base to lift it up 7 inches or so. I am 6'1" tall and I want it to be a comfortable height. What are some of the things particular to this machine I should be on the lookout for as I inspect it?

Here are some pictures from today's delivery. More to come.
20220512_134438.jpg
20220512_135831.jpg
20220512_143302.jpg
20220512_143325.jpg
20220512_134357.jpg

There are many ways to skin this cat as you know, here is my rendition. 6 x 6 square tubing that will have leveling feet added. I'm not able to finish this project right now, but this is the idea.

There are many ways to skin this cat as you know, here is my rendition. 6 x 6 square tubing that will have leveling feet added. I'm not able to finish this project right now, but this is the idea.
What wall thickness is your 6x6 tubing?

1/4", my foot pads are different from yours.

Back