New PM-935T-V Milling Machine has arrived

Oh man, it doesn't look like there is enough piping to reattach it either.

May have to get a new piece of pipe or maybe a threaded extension to thread your existing fitting into.

I'm sure Precision Matthews will send you another one, if they have one in stock. Other wise...... I'm sure someone sells tubbing like that.

That looks like it was not from a light bump, that fitting is stretched too.

More photos of the severed oiler line.
20220515_101039.jpg

20220515_101118.jpg

That sucks. Nothing worse than a pristine new purchase showing a ding so early in your possession.

Good news is that PM will no doubt help you right out: in my experience they are very stand up folks.

More photos of the severed oiler line.
If you have to remove the table to get to the tubing connections, I recommend you seal up the oil pipe connections going into the XY leadscrew nut housing and saddle. Here is how I did mine, and it really helps the oil delivery into the right spot instead of dripping out the bottom of the knee onto the platform base. You might also flip through my 935 build log for other ideas, and DM me if you have any questions.

If you have to remove the table to get to the tubing connections, I recommend you seal up the oil pipe connections going into the XY leadscrew nut housing and saddle. Here is how I did mine, and it really helps the oil delivery into the right spot instead of dripping out the bottom of the knee onto the platform base. You might also flip through my 935 build log for other ideas, and DM me if you have any questions.
Thank you David. I am going to call P.M. this morning and get their advice on how to proceed.

I spoke to P.M. about my oil line problem. Here is their response:
The factory is sending you a new oil line and nut. I'll send you the tracking when I get it.
I asked for guidance on removing the table. Here is that reply:
The line should just be poked thru a hole in the saddle. I don't think they even seal it in place, so that part should be easy. You may even be able to do it without removing the table, but if you do:
  • Remove the gib from the table making sure to note exactly how it goes in (one way only). It's brittle, don't drop it.
  • Remove the handle assembly from the left side, not the right.
  • Crank the table to the right to remove it
    • This table is heavy, make sure it is supported. Do not let it hang from the saddle, you could break it.
    • The dove tails on the bottom of the table can be dangerously sharp, and full of oil. wear gloves.
With these instructions and David's photos, I think I will be fine. And to be honest, I was already a little stressed as to how I was going to IQOQ those oil lines. Now I can seal them and verify they are delivering oil as designed.

Back