New Bench Vise (tool Gloat!)

Hmmm, I wonder how ATF/Acetone would work for tapping fluid :idea:
Not well. For a penetrant you want something that initially has a low viscosity so that it will seep into small spaces but which contains a solvent that will evaporate and leave the higher viscosity lubricating oil behind. For tapping you want an extreme pressure lubricant.

Yup I've seen those same tests too. Still I prefer to use aerosol as it's more convenient for me. Even though I have plenty of containers for dispensing, refillable air sprayers, ATF, & acetone in the garage. :)

AeroKroil hasn't failed me yet so I'm good. PB Blaster has failed me before but at least it's best product off the shelf around here that's readily available.

Does the acetone dry up quick in the mix? That's the only concern I had mixing up fair amount of batches.
I think that you would have to keep it sealed air-tight.

I got a mixture not listed here. I came up with myself. Used it on rust frozen in cylinders of a 2 cyl snowmobile engine. Equal parts atf, brake fluid and diesel fuel. Both brake fluid and diesel are hygroscopic and absorb remaining moisture.
Jack

Excellant!
I think Karma is on your side brother.
Nice color choice too.

I am jealous. I just spent the last hour beating an old rusty Reed vice apart. It will need some welding and machining done before I can use it. I might try the Rust-Oleum silver hammered when I get it finished though.... Looks great!

What brand and color paint is that you used...

I tried to find something close to the original Wilton Green, when I did mine

IMG_0084.JPG

Back