NEVER the right tool!

CRaftsman tools suck. Especially their screwdrivers. Worthless. That hate me when I walk in the door, usually to bring back a bag full of screwdrivers. I replaced about 10 one day. Got home and broken one of the new ones on the first use............. To make matters worse, they tried to tell me that I could only bring in 5 per day. I told them I lived 100 miles round trip and that an "unlimited lifetime warranty" was UNLIMITED. The young guy that was working behind the counter just couldn't seem to understand that
:grin:

CRaftsman tools suck. Especially their screwdrivers. Worthless. That hate me when I walk in the door, usually to bring back a bag full of screwdrivers. I replaced about 10 one day. Got home and broken one of the new ones on the first use............. To make matters worse, they tried to tell me that I could only bring in 5 per day. I told them I lived 100 miles round trip and that an "unlimited lifetime warranty" was UNLIMITED. The young guy that was working behind the counter just couldn't seem to understand that

I'm curious. What do you use your screwdrivers for?

I here you on that I have a bunch of the old Craftsman Screw drivers that I can use for things they were not made for, and they work but the new ones, Forget it they tear up just taking screws in and out.
After over 35 years the wife knows where to find me in a store that sells any tools or equipment. She goes and looks and I go and look at what I want, need, gota have well you know.

No matter how many nuts, bolts, and washers I have a trip to the hardware store for something I don't have is part of every project. :cautious: Or I buy a new machine and the factory screws something up I don't have the right tool to fix...like again last night, barely made it to the store for a 10 1.5 tap before they closed.

My wife doesn't really bother me about buying tools much. However, that reply has been filed for later reference just in case!:applause 2: Love it!

It's like handbags how many dose she need lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

By the way, how many people take the screws, nuts and bolts out of something before they scrap it? If I'm scrapping and appliance or anything else for that matter, I strip it first........ always. I just took the metric bolts out of a futon bed we tossed out. I kept the square stock also. I'll use that for something someday... o_O

I'm pushing 50. I've been a tinkerer, a mechanic, a machinist, wood worker and handyman all of my life. As an educated guess, I probably have between 50 and 60 thousand dollars worth of equipment and tooling for just about everything you could think of. Why is it that every time I try and do a project I never have what I need? :confused: Is it me? Who else suffers from this affliction?

HAH! We will never have all the tools we can possibly need. Is an impossibility! But don't feel bad. The human race started making tools about 2.5 million years ago and we still don't have all the tools we can possibly need. What makes us feel we can complete this feat in a paltry 80-100 years of age???

BTW, it is not an addiction, it is just our nature ;-)

Back