NEVER the right tool!

Finster

Registered
Registered
I'm pushing 50. I've been a tinkerer, a mechanic, a machinist, wood worker and handyman all of my life. As an educated guess, I probably have between 50 and 60 thousand dollars worth of equipment and tooling for just about everything you could think of. Why is it that every time I try and do a project I never have what I need? :confused: Is it me? Who else suffers from this affliction?

Maybe if you guys lived next door to each other you could borrow/loan tools then you each only need to own half of all the tools that exist!

But I know the feeling all too well. And if I have the tools, I don't have the stock.

Or worse, I'll have the need, the stock and the tools, but not the time!
This going to work every day is a real PITA.
If it wasn't for the paycheque I'd be outta there so fast!!!

-brino

Last edited:
I never have enough .
I was looking on ebay for a nice set of
8" or 12" Starret Vanier calipers 123 master bar
My wife asked me how often will you use those .
My answer was everytime I need them .
She didn't say anything else after that answer .

I never have enough .
I was looking on ebay for a nice set of
8" or 12" Starret Vanier calipers 123 master bar
My wife asked me how often will you use those .
My answer was everytime I need them .

She didn't say anything else after that answer .
My wife doesn't really bother me about buying tools much. However, that reply has been filed for later reference just in case!:applause 2: Love it!

Maybe if you guys lived next door to each other you could borrow/loan tools then you each only need to own half of all the tools that exist!

But I know the feeling all too well. And if I have the tools, I don't have the stock.

Or worse, I'll have the need the stock and the tools, but not the time!
This going to work every day is a real PITA.
If it wasn't for the paycheque I'd be outta there so fast!!!

-brino
I hear you, this work thing is getting in the way of my hobbies. Heck, the only time my boat got wet last year is when it rained. NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Back