NEVER the right tool!

We still have them, Wilco Farm store and Park Rose Hardware that's how you spend 2 hours on a weekend right there! Once a year Wilco has a 30% off grade 8 nuts and bolts, they sell them by the pound! :D

We still have them, Wilco Farm store and Park Rose Hardware that's how you spend 2 hours on a weekend right there! Once a year Wilco has a 30% off grade 8 nuts and bolts, they sell them by the pound! :D
That's my kind of place. We have a semi-mom and pop in town called Dickinsons. But in the end it's still a TrueValue.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

This thread, which I agree with wholeheartedly, suggests there is equal amount of work for psychologists and psychiatrists in our hobby. But wait, we are OK with what we are doing. We don't need no stinkin' therapy, just more shop time.

Realistically the only time this is something to worry about is when it goes into hoarding. You would think I'd be double wammied by a wife who's a psychologist but when she sees first hand how much easier a job goes with the right equipment the only remark is look how many tools it takes to do this!

I get this thread is somewhat tongue in cheek, but in a world where jobs, whole trades along with the knowledge disappear daily due to automation and outsourcing I feel like I'm giving the finger in my small way to that trend. There's some kind of weird Karma to buying Chinese machine tools to learn how to make and repair better equipment and tools.

+1 on Parkrose Hardware: best hardware store around for fasteners.

Yup, when, and if something leaves here, it looks like robotic vultures have picked it clean. Usually after being striped it goes up the hill to my personal junk yard for further use for metal stock or sculpture material. Mike

By the way, how many people take the screws, nuts and bolts out of something before they scrap it? If I'm scrapping and appliance or anything else for that matter, I strip it first........ always. I just took the metric bolts out of a futon bed we tossed out. I kept the square stock also. I'll use that for something someday... o_O

Realistically the only time this is something to worry about is when it goes into hoarding. You would think I'd be double wammied by a wife who's a psychologist but when she sees first hand how much easier a job goes with the right equipment the only remark is look how many tools it takes to do this!

I get this thread is somewhat tongue in cheek, but in a world where jobs, whole trades along with the knowledge disappear daily due to automation and outsourcing I feel like I'm giving the finger in my small way to that trend. There's some kind of weird Karma to buying Chinese machine tools to learn how to make and repair better equipment and tools.
That's just frick'in priceless!

No I normally find the tool when I go to put the new one where I will be able to find it when I want it. Wait a minute is that not what I did with the last one I could not fine until I tried to put the new one away. Oh well maybe I did need more of them.

Back