My VFD is having a stroke? (PM1440GT)

b083 is the code for carrier frequency. You can try setting it at 2khz and see if there is any change.

Hitachi Drives – WJ200 Series Restoring Factory Defaults

Press ESC to show function code “d001“
Press ESC three more times to show “b001“
Press UP arrow key to change function code to go to B084 (“b001” → “b084“)
Press SET to display current value of “00“
Press UP arrow key to “02” then press SET to save data and initialize parameters.
Press UP arrow key to change function code to go to B180 and set to 01 and hit set.

Initialization should start and when completed should show d001.

I would change the motor parameters and then try to run the Auto-Tune, if it fails then it suggests a VFD failure issue. But surprised you do not get an error code with an output IGBT failure.

Hitachi Drives – WJ200 Series Restoring Factory Defaults

Press ESC to show function code “d001“
Press ESC three more times to show “b001“
Press UP arrow key to change function code to go to B084 (“b001” → “b084“)
Press SET to display current value of “00“
Press UP arrow key to “02” then press SET to save data and initialize parameters.
Press UP arrow key to change function code to go to B180 and set to 01 and hit set.

Initialization should start and when completed should show d001.

I would change the motor parameters and then try to run the Auto-Tune, if it fails then it suggests a VFD failure issue. But surprised you do not get an error code with an output IGBT failure.

That's the initialization I did. It did show d001 afterward. The only thing I have left to try is changing the carrier frequency but at this point it's probably a lost cause.
We had some bad storms a few weeks ago... My transformer was sparking and all of my GFCI's were tripped... I had the lathe powered off by a disconnect switch but I'm wondering if something didn't sneak into the VFD

If a contactor between a motor and VFD can damage a VFD, it seems quite likely an intermittent continuity on one motor winding could also do so. It sounds to me like that is what happened to yours. Keep in mind that interrupted current through a coil is how old ignition systems worked, and a winding is similar to a coil. I’d suspect that more than the electrical storms.

When in doubt, rip it out.

22-07-08 09-26-17 8164.jpg

1657293081676.png

UPS brought me a new VFD this morning! Swapped it out... programmed it.. Auto-tune worked! - I get a really slight bit of cogging when it first spins up, I'll have to play with that, and maybe swap back to the old motor, or maybe one of you smart guys knows what settings to tweak.
But we've made progress in the right direction.

It started pouring rain, so I can't hear anything in the shop and there's lightning so it's all unplugged for a while.

22-07-08 10-45-13 8166.jpg

Attachments

• 22-07-08 10-44-54 8165.jpg
    22-07-08 10-44-54 8165.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 55
Glad you're 99% of the way there! As my wife and I are fond of saying to each other, "Isn't it great when sh*t just works!".

Bruce

Alright, good news.

Mine does a little cogging or hasatation when when I start it but I only notice it when I have the speed turned down real slow. I'm not sure if thats the same thing you are experiencing or not.

Tim

Back