My time has come..........surgery

This is my dumb thing. This race was 5 years after my disc replacement, look for plate #428, which was a lucky coincidence. I survived many years of riding at this level, but it caught up to me big time in the end. I have not enjoyed this type of movement for a while now, and the idea of it really hurts. I used to do 5 races a year (MTB marathon, 24h, etc.) and now I'd be lucky to commute to work. Of course, none of it would have been possible without surgery, so I am über thankful for that.

I've gathered the Drs only want you to walk a straight line. I've made up my mind that I'll let it heal good for 6 months but I'm not going to worry about falling off a ladder or doing something that needs to be done. As much fun and tiring as @pontiac428 video looks, that's the dumb things I need to not do. 2 years ago a couple of months after getting a shot in the hip I was doing backflips off a 20 ft cliff into a creek. This might make me grow up. I don't drink a lot but last weekend I killed a 12 pack of Shiner. My hip did not hurt for 2 days. I think there's medicine in beer.

Alloy, 3 days and no walker seems impressive.
She was in a lot of pain, but determined to get better as quickly as she could. I loaned her my cane from when I was recovering from my stroke and she would go from piece of furniture to furniture for stability. I was determined to help her and she got tired of me hovering over her and told me to leave her alone and go out to the shop.

I even got some small radios so she could get me immediately and not wait for texts to go through. That was a waste of money.

I'm pretty sure that's what he's doing. I've watched numerous videos of what the surgery is like and how to recover. The epidural is the only thing that gives me concern.
Don't be too concerned. It is slightly uncomfortable, but is over very quickly. You will be just fine. Just relax and trust you Dr. and his staff. And God will be with you.

Yesterday was the big day. Everything went good and it was the AIMS method. Surgeon and staff treated me like I was their only patient. Got home yesterday too.

@alloy your wife must be tough and determined. I don't see giving up the walker in 3 days. Today is shaping up like I expected with being sore. Physical therapy starts tomorrow.

@suzuki4ever thanks for starting this thread its been helpful.

Back