My time has come..........surgery

I've been bad, and want to apologise to Suzuki (Micheal) and the rest of you for hijacking his thread.
No worries my friend,we have all done it at some point and it keeps the conversations going,so don't lose any sleep over it.

Back to our war wounds.....yes you and me had almost the exact kind of accident, but we were the lucky ones,because God have more plans for us.......some of our other biking friends were not that lucky.

I don't have exrays of my other injuries,but I also broke my knee, a broken femur above my knee(open fracture),broken pelvis,broken arm and my hand was very very badly crushed between the tank(FULL) and car. I lost two thirds of my left index finger,my hand was so badly crushed that the Doctor said when they opened my hand to repair, almost all my bones were broken and it literally fell out of my hand. They wanted to amputate, but I had a magition for a doctor who fixed my hand. It's not perfect nor beautiful, but I can work with it and I am very greatfull. I wish I could show you the xrays of my hand,it was unrecognizable. But like I said......lucky.

Praise The Lord.

I sometimes want another rode bike but I still probably have no sense on a bike. Its pinned or nothing.
I suffer the same problem. I'm normally risk-averse and conservative about my life choices, but on two wheels nothing exists for me between the lower end of balls out and walking. I also have a jumping problem anytime I spot something that might work as a ramp. Yes, I have metal in my body too.

at a real nasty mud hole we built a bridge. during the event one particular AA guy did 3 - 360's in a row. laughing my ass off i said back it down a little. after the event, still laughing, he tells me he has only two speeds. pinned or off. i said how did that work out for you?

that area now is named after him

First job back in the shop and I make a mess of it...
20230118_145447.jpg20230118_145610.jpg
The one on the right must still be split and then drilled and tapped.
20230118_145546.jpg
It feels good to be back in the shop,althoug hot as hell,I feel human again. First job is making some of these model T Ford crank pulleys for one of my best customers. These were actually jobs left over since just before my opperation. He said he will wait untill I am back on my feet again....literally. I must also make modified wheelbearing cups to accommodate metric bearings. He belongs to a Model T Ford club here in SA and he takes orders from all his friends for me to make parts that is hard to come by or are to expensive to import. He is a valued customer.

First job back in the shop and I make a mess of it...
View attachment 434246View attachment 434247
The one on the right must still be split and then drilled and tapped.
View attachment 434248
It feels good to be back in the shop,althoug hot as hell,I feel human again. First job is making some of these model T Ford crank pulleys for one of my best customers. These were actually jobs left over since just before my opperation. He said he will wait untill I am back on my feet again....literally. I must also make modified wheelbearing cups to accommodate metric bearings. He belongs to a Model T Ford club here in SA and he takes orders from all his friends for me to make parts that is hard to come by or are to expensive to import. He is a valued customer.
First, I'm glad your doing so well. Very nice work. If I can I would like to suggest something to help contain the chips. I plug the center hole of the chuck with paper towel, then the work into the chuck to stop the chips from entering the chuck scroll. I then wrap the chuck in corrugated cardboard to the chips from flying out before I turn the machine on. When the cutting is done I vacuum the chips out. It's much faster to clean up. Stay well.DC215CEF-B0E3-4119-A648-9AFA765B3224.jpeg

First, I'm glad your doing so well. Very nice work. If I can I would like to suggest something to help contain the chips. I plug the center hole of the chuck with paper towel, then the work into the chuck to stop the chips from entering the chuck scroll. I then wrap the chuck in corrugated cardboard to the chips from flying out before I turn the machine on. When the cutting is done I vacuum the chips out. It's much faster to clean up. Stay well.View attachment 434261
This is a very good idea,I like it. I have the paper towel and the cardboard,one problem.....no vacuum. I've been looking for one for a while now that won't break the bank. The industrial ones are quit expensive so I am looking at used,but no joy. Any ideas????

This is a very good idea,I like it. I have the paper towel and the cardboard,one problem.....no vacuum. I've been looking for one for a while now that won't break the bank. The industrial ones are quit expensive so I am looking at used,but no joy. Any ideas????
Hi, I have always considered my vacuum a tool. If you can try to go new and preferably a 5 gal. cap. wet/dry. When you do get one you'll wonder how you got along without it.

My hose diameter is limited, and I have to pick up the odd shaped, or long curly swarf, but I love my wall mounted garage vacuum. It's a glorified home central vacuum system with a long hose.

Back