My time has come..........surgery

I was up an walking without assistance with a few weeks. Still have numbness just past the cut, and I'll occassionally have aching in the hip still.
I had a hip replaced a couple years ago, and like you I occasionally have some pain in the A**. In my case I think it's more from some of the people I come in contact with rather than the surgery.

And for additional viewing pleasure, my legs after a tweaker turned left in front of my bike...
View attachment 432828
From Sept 19 of '98 to return to work was 89 days. I think I can set metal detectors off with the plates/screws they installed.
Thank God you were able to go back to work or anything. You must have some tolerance for pain. Wow.

And for additional viewing pleasure, my legs after a tweaker turned left in front of my bike...
View attachment 432828
From Sept 19 of '98 to return to work was 89 days. I think I can set metal detectors off with the plates/screws they installed.
i have two implants. i used to carry a card but not once were they detected at an airport (implants not card). a cough drop in my pocket was detected

Thank God you were able to go back to work or anything. You must have some tolerance for pain. Wow.
Pain is there. Two choices, give up or keep on. How can I or anyone have any sort of life i we give up?
Oh...I still ride. Partially because of I love it, and partially it keeps my head on straight. Ask my wife what I'm like during winter down time.

Pain is there. Two choices, give up or keep on. How can I or anyone have any sort of life i we give up?
Oh...I still ride. Partially because of I love it, and partially it keeps my head on straight. Ask my wife what I'm like during winter down time.
Agree on all counts. You have to keep goin or die. I don't ride anymore because of the morons on the road. Down here the girls are worse then the guys. Then everyones on either the phone or the horn. My son rides but when he does he trailers upstate New York or Pa. At my age you just don't heal anymore. Happy Healthy Safe New Year. Thanks 066BA1B4-E121-44F5-BBEA-B9FCA1AFE801.jpeg17E8DFB1-163F-41F3-BC81-BCCBB8CB17E7.jpeg180C1EC6-D136-4F2B-8777-2B1A3418BF86.jpeg

Got rid of my rode bike 23 years ago when I was 21. Not enough sense that young on the road. I was lucky when I bounced off the side of a suburban that made a left turn from the 3rd lane out infront of me. It was my lack of maturity for getting rid of it not the other drivers.

Got rid of my dirt bike about 12 years ago. Riding buddies quit riding because they got hurt. Not as much fun by yourself and too many responsibilities to miss work because of something broken. No guarantees in life but if I knew I wouldn't get hurt anymore, I'd get a dirt bike again tomorrow. Even though it might be the reason for me needing a hip.

I sometimes want another rode bike but I still probably have no sense on a bike. Its pinned or nothing.

That's a good looking scooter Charles.

Last edited:
Got rid of my rode bike 23 years ago when I was 21. Not enough sense that young on the road. I was lucky when I bounced off the side of a suburban that made a left turn from the 3rd lane out infront of me. It was my lack of maturity for getting rid of it not the other drivers.

Got rid of my dirt bike about 12 years ago. Riding buddies quit riding because they got hurt. Not as much fun by yourself and too many responsibilities to miss work because of something broken. No guarantees in life but if I knew I wouldn't get hurt anymore, I'd get a dirt bike again tomorrow. Even though it might be the reason for me needing a hip.

I sometimes want another rode bike but I still probably have no sense on a bike. Its pinned or nothing.

That's a good looking scooter Charles.
Too dangerous today.

these days when not an event i ride by myself. all my riding buds got into hunting and drinking. not good riding by yourself but either that or nothing. i find riding solo i don't ride as long

Back