My New Shop

Muskt im using your base idea with my own little twist if ya don't mind .. I am going to put steel casters and my own version of leg mounts .. I saw a few basses and like the cheap simple method besides I have 3 out of 4 pieces of that square tube steel avail. Thee other one im gona borrow of an old table out back..lol...
I maybe making a temp hoist for the receiver/ hitch on my Envoy else ill have to borrow some lollies from a bud up north.

What I wanted to ask ya the Eye bolt u had up top for hoisting does machine come with a threaded hole?
if so whats the thread size?

thanks still not sure what method im taking yet seeing what resources I have avail Most likely ill have to do alone so ill need to make it short and sweet . most likely ill choke the head and straddle with a strap because I don't need to go as high with a boom . But if I don't make the boom im gona have to use the lolloies and lift up by garage beams.

I used a 6 foot nylon strap around the rotation area between the headstock & vertical way. It tilted a bit, but was generally stable. No lifting eye on the machine that I am aware of.

Jerry

I could never post photo of my shop because I don't have a lens that will pan out and over all the junk from 25years of working in it. In the process of having lot of stuff hauled off. no more of the "I may need that some day " most the time you cant find it and end up buy new any way. I shelve fill with old and new Harley parts that lucky for me I have a few friends willing to take some of it off my hands. only old parts I am keeping are for Harley Panhead. I am going to build a custom bar blaster with panhead motor and new after market tranny. Bar blaster for some one who no longer drinks alcoholic refreashments

Thanks Jer lookes like and Eye ..im goin with lollie column and a Block n tackle ...its free .. gona make a stand on wheels w/ support be over once ... getting liile cold feet last day .... gota put out mo moneys I don't have ,.....

hey ole hank ebay it u can sell all that stuff put "vintage " like everyone else .. I sold all my parts I was gona throw away .. they buy everything

WAHOOOOO !!!! IT'S A LATHE !!!

Got here around 1800 (6PM). Looked like possible a glancing blow with a fork near the bottom of the crate. No discernible damage on the inside.
UPS driver very friendly & helpful pushing the pallet jack down my drive & into the shop. He stood patiently while I ripped the top off & did a cursory look-over. No problems noted.

Man, this thing (12x36) is huge compared to my 9x20 from my previous life.

The DSU informed me that there will be no (as in ZERO) shop work this evening. Tomorrow is another day.

Pics to come after getting it out of the crate--Tomorrow.

Jerry (The Happy Camper) 9n Delaware

Congratulations Jerry! :encourage:

So we have to wait for pictures........

-brino

That is great Jerry! Pics when you get time. :)

Ata way Jer nice lathe I can see why ure so happy cant wait to see er all set up ... Now whats the DSU you are speaking of ??
Noise restriction.... wife other ?
Btw my wife is happy when im fishing sleeping or out in Garage .......shes goin thru Mental pause I rather have the cops show up at 2 am that im making noise than deal with getting hounded by her. Garage is only safe place other than work or on a boat or something

DSU = Designated Spousal Unit (carry over from military days many years ago)

Back