My New Shop

Love the heat pump in my shop too. Not quite as spacious as your place, but it's nice anyway.

Looks good Muskt, looks like your really going to enjoy it when it gets set up and usable.
Enjoy
Patrick

You should have moved in by me then I could also play in that AWSOME! shop. But hey we are fortunate to have a shop at all. When I retire then I get a whole 2 car just for the shop. But Hey let me know how you like the PM932, I'm thinking On one, and possibly the 1236. Congrats.
Mark

Some (slow) progress on the shop. I finally got the drywall completed, & mudded (I really hate that part). Got the primer on a couple of days ago. Lightly sanded the whole mess and sprayed a semi-gloss white late this morning. It looks OK, but not perfect. I got most of the masking down, and still have my friends scaffolding in there. I need the scaffolding to install the lights & ceiling fan tomorrow. I don't know how to get the overspray off the floor. Any ideas that you can come up with would be appreciated. I have some block sealer to paint on those 2 low walls, and need to fab some window trim--gotta be custom made, but I have that capability. I also need to get the garage door insulated and build the sliding door into the other garage bay.

As I said in the earlier post, my PM932 is sitting in the other bay waiting for its new home. Nicole told me last week that they hope to see the 12x36s really soon.

Anyway, I may not be fast, but I sure am slow. (Does that make any sense?)

Jerry in LSD (Lower, Slower, Delaware)

Painted 1.jpg Painted 2.jpg

Some (slow) progress on the shop. I finally got the drywall completed, & mudded (I really hate that part). Got the primer on a couple of days ago. Lightly sanded the whole mess and sprayed a semi-gloss white late this morning. It looks OK, but not perfect. I got most of the masking down, and still have my friends scaffolding in there. I need the scaffolding to install the lights & ceiling fan tomorrow. I don't know how to get the overspray off the floor. Any ideas that you can come up with would be appreciated. I have some block sealer to paint on those 2 low walls, and need to fab some window trim--gotta be custom made, but I have that capability. I also need to get the garage door insulated and build the sliding door into the other garage bay.

As I said in the earlier post, my PM932 is sitting in the other bay waiting for its new home. Nicole told me last week that they hope to see the 12x36s really soon.

Anyway, I may not be fast, but I sure am slow. (Does that make any sense?)

Jerry in LSD (Lower, Slower, Delaware)
A great space! I really like the 11' ceiling. If you used latex paint, you could try some isopropyl alcohol. Get the 91% rather than 70%. Let it work for a while and then scrub with a wire bristle brush. You can lay some paper toweling down on top and cover with a piece of polyethylene to control evaporation.

Just over spray may just mop up with water. if not a wire brush. The shop is looking good.
Mark

I just moved down here (to America) from Anchorage, Alaska. This whole air condition/humidity/everything-rusts-instantly thing is pretty foreign to me. I had 3 options for the shop:
1. Oil heat + window air conditioner
2. Propane heat + window air conditioner
3. Heat pump which (supposedly) does everything--least expensive in the long run

Time will tell. the heat pump sure works well so far.

Jerry

I think you will like the mini-split for comfort in the shop... here is a thought: The air filters on those units leave some to be desired (my opinion). I would keep it in the back of my mind to keep the air filter clean... thus lengthening the life of the unit.

Thank you all for the positive responses.

Painting is now completed--I gotta remember that this is a shop & not a living room. Every imperfection bugs me, & I am really not that much of a perfectionist.

I vacuumed everything out and more than half of the over-spray came up. Pretty stiff & sore today, so I think it will have to rest a bit.
Yesterday, I got the lighting and ceiling fan installed after the vacuuming. You nearly need sunglasses with all the lights on.
The owner of the scaffolding came today & collected it, so, except for the big old bench, it is now empty.

I think that the next project in there will be (of course) cleaning more of the over-spray, and fabbing the window trim. I might intersperse that with building the sliding door between the two bays. Then, there is the big garage door to insulate and the blocks to paint--Does it ever end?

Well, that about covers it for now.

Jerry

PS: I heard nothing but positive comments about "Mini-Splits" so that is my reasoning behind that install.

Back