My new future shop in TN!

What an awesome shop! You'll have a lot of fun with that much space. :greenwithenvy:

GG

I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do since we moved here 2 years ago. I live about 90 miles west of Nashville & about 30 miles south of the KY border. Before moving here I just dreamed about building things, here I can actually do it [although on a scale that doesn't exceed the limits of my mini mill]. From my experience in the shop here, besides an A/C & heater, you may well need a dehumidifier to remove moisture & condensation in the summer since your shop also has a cement floor. I haven't got one yet but plan to before next summer to reduce rust.

I love living out in the country. After 15 years in the city you couldnt drag me back there with anything.
Nice shop Marcel

cheers Phil

I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do since we moved here 2 years ago. I live about 90 miles west of Nashville & about 30 miles south of the KY border. Before moving here I just dreamed about building things, here I can actually do it [although on a scale that doesn't exceed the limits of my mini mill]. From my experience in the shop here, besides an A/C & heater, you may well need a dehumidifier to remove moisture & condensation in the summer since your shop also has a cement floor. I haven't got one yet but plan to before next summer to reduce rust.
I think we're gonna love it. I've talked to a lot of people living in TN that have moved there from other states and urban areas,( i recognized them by their lack of Tennessee twang in their speech). I made it a point to ask those people lots of questions. They've all said the same thing, "you're gonna love it here",
One of the first things that struck me is how friendly and helpful everyone is in that part of the country. I'm sure their are exceptions, but my experience so far has been nothing but positive, even on a business level.

I love living out in the country. After 15 years in the city you couldnt drag me back there with anything.
Nice shop Marcel

cheers Phil
Yup, I lived in the country as a kid, and always loved the freedom of being out in the country. I really dislike traffic, confined spaces, and people meddling in my business. The area to which I'm moving is in an "unrestricted zoning" area. Which means I can basically do anything I want on my own property...absolutely fantastic! :))

Marcel.
I am just like you and recently returned to the country (15 years ago) and plan to die right here when the time comes. I live a fair distance from the biggest town nearby and have 2 small towns between it and I, just to insure they will never reach me with their taxes and zoning and big city junque. I built my shop the way I wanted it and could afford. If I had to comply with all the zoning and permit requirements I could never have afforded to have even a small shop (20X20) like mine. Once you move and get settled let word of mouth get around that you might be interested in doing thsi or that kind of work and you will have more than you care to do soon enough. I have folks calling, coming by and emailing me everyday looking for welding, cnc plasma work and fabrication that I can pick and chose the most lucrative and pass on the rest. Since I got sick it has been a real show stopper, but my loyal customers keep checking in to get their work done as soon as I am able. So take your time and get the move out of the way and relax for a spell before you have to go back to work.

Bob

Marcel,
that's one sweet shop you got there!!!!!
:hugethumbzup:

The area to which I'm moving is in an "unrestricted zoning" area. Which means I can basically do anything I want on my own property...absolutely fantastic! :))

'Tis the stuff of dreams. I can't hardly blow my nose without the "village fathers'" approval. The village usually finds something petty to harass me about every couple of years or so.

GG

Dang! I could live in something like that!
Of course I would probably end up permanently single. Decisions, Decisions... :makingdecision:

Dang! I could live in something like that!
Of course I would probably end up permanently single. Decisions, Decisions... :makingdecision:
I did think about building a living section inside but my wife was having none of it. After I thought about it for awhile, she was right....it would have taken away from my shop space! LOL

Back