My business just got wings

I doubt that you could be competitive on cylinder heads due to the setup time necessary to do cylinder heads, automotive shops have special machines that cut setup to a very small part of the job.
I would agree, I wonder why two different shops asked if I did heads??
I was talking to Tom. He reminded me you get blamed when something goes wrong even when you do it right.
Experience says he’s right.
I’m not going to do it. I am going to make the fly cutter though

I would agree, I wonder why two different shops asked if I did heads??
I was talking to Tom. He reminded me you get blamed when something goes wrong even when you do it right.
Experience says he’s right.
I’m not going to do it. I am going to make the fly cutter though
Yes, do the fly cutter, it should come in handy for other work.

Parts of any machine can be a headache.

We once did an oil filter housing for some race car guys.

Made it clear that there was an understanding.

They are handing me a piece of SCRAP, and we are making some modification under their specific instructions, and when done, it still is SCRAP.

what they do with it is their problem, they should not use scrap for real service....

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

They’re testing now, so it could be as soon as this year it starts getting implemented. I’ve heard everything from they will close the banks for a week and switch everyone over at the same time to it will start with federal payments and work it’s way through the system over several years by making cash more difficult to get. My crystal ball is pretty hazy, but I am hoping it gets rejected by the population and we can stay with cash.
Highly, highly doubt it.
Sounds like conspiracy boondoggles to me.

Last edited:
Don’t be so sure of that…

Did you read the article? Nowhere in there did it say anything about replacing the dollar or doing away with it. The CBDC would be in addition to our current financial setup.

Did you read the article? Nowhere in there did it say anything about replacing the dollar or doing away with it. The CBDC would be in addition to our current financial setup.
I read the article as well as dozens of others. Do you honestly believe they would say they are going to replace the current dollar system? That would cause panic in the markets. They are not going to come out and say what they are going to do until it is released.

Our current financial system is a mess, there are so many dollars in circulation outside of the US that the Fed has no control over, the Fed can’t control the economy with interest rate changes, the effects take many months to show up, and they usually overdo it. A digital currency can be tracked to know where every dollar is, when there is no cash, they can implement negative interest rates when they need to stimulate the economy, or they can send out stimulus that has a use it or lose it feature. They will have a lot of control they don’t have now, so there is no way they are not going to exploit that.

FedNow is the system that will be how the digital currency transactions are processed and is expected to be fully functional by July. They will likely start with government payments, tax refunds, stimulus, etc. Over time it would fully take over, especially if there is a big market crash and people demand stability. Kind of like now. If you think your dollars are safe, by all means keep doing what you are doing. I don’t trust our government to do the right thing, so I am planning accordingly, but not with crypto, I believe the government is currently working on crashing crypto.

Sometimes I wish I had the temperament to do my own business. Then I think about all the other things that one has to do, other than just enjoy machining.

Wether at work or tinkering in the garage. Working on a machine is my happy place. I will keep it that way for myself.

PS. I wish you great success in this endeavor.

Cutting oil is my blood.

Back