My back hurts(knee mill height)

Also, you should get a full set of Kwik Switch holders. Man, those take the work out of these repeated tool changes.
Yep, happy to offer great advice. :)

Those are not expensive at all :) The power drawbar is a God send, but all of the tool heights are different, dropping the table, and bringing it back with the power feed switch being kinda low is a lot of it. I'm glad I'm not hand cranking that though.

When I was doing commercial fishing, and had younger guys as my crew, they ate too much. I even cut one trip short, no food left on the boat for another day. :grin:

One cute local girl hanging around in your garage and the last thing on their minds will be food!

Restless leg syndrome goes away with alcohol :grin:
I'm going to change up my procedures, and set the knee where I can get all of the tooling in, and out by moving the quill only. I think I have been too worried about quill stick out, and rigidity. Not enough experience, and slow thinking on my part.:rolleyes:

Never had an issue with quill stick-out and rigidity on the Acra LCM, exception is when I am spinning large face mills or very heavy cuts. I do all my drilling first, jig up for multiple parts and then switch to a spiral tap and thread each hole in one shot. I use the DRO to go to each hole. You can get a riser for the mill, number of people just get some rectangular steel, bolt it to the mill base and then mount leveling feet outboard. Issue with casting a base may be the loading under the feet mat be high, so may need a plate to distribute the load.

I really like my spacer on the Bridgeport. Being 6'4" makes it tough to bend over all the time with the normal height. The one I found was an 8". It ended up a bit uncomfortable to use a wrench, but a cheap power drawbar from ebay fixed that up.

It does mean that milling ops do end up having the quill extended a little much of the time. It doesn't seem to make a difference in performance for me. I don't often try to push the machine hard though. So it's possible it would matter for people wanting to run 3" end mills or something. :)

There is no cure. You're too tall. Best ship the mill to me. Being shorter, I will make it work. :laughing:
I agree with Mikey. Maybe it would help if you worked barefooted.

Back