Must Have Mill Machine Accessories For A Beginner?

Nice DRO installation ... but I think the Kurt is way too small for your table ;~)
Thanks...LOL, yea the Kurt was from auction so I couldn't pass it up. I'm making some brackets for it today. It's slightly on the too big size but the mill head raises and it gets small work pieces up to the cutter. Also...holy crap can that thing hold! Still don't know if I would spend $1500 or so on it new though..probably not.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I just came up with an idea that might help others out.. drop a magnet in your spill master cup and it keeps it from moving around on you while your using it. I put mine on my tailstock. I primarily cut on aluminum but I would guess if you cut steel then it would pull steel from your brush as well.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Where can I get an good vice but not to expensive? I saw wachuko's vice but don't know what's the difference between those and the one with the base

Where can I get an good vice but not to expensive? I saw wachuko's vice but don't know what's the difference between those and the one with the base

The first one I got had a base... it was incorrectly shipped... but the reason I selected the one you see in the photo, was for the capability to mount sideways... will I ever want to do that?? I don't think so, but figured that I would buy that one just in case :)

bucket.com%2Falbums%2Fs144%2Fwachuko%2FGarage%2F0e6a4e68-b893-4a83-a37b-5b96a0d13870_zpsyrkgrisf.jpg

bucket.com%2Falbums%2Fs144%2Fwachuko%2FGarage%2F0e6a4e68-b893-4a83-a37b-5b96a0d13870_zpsyrkgrisf.jpg

Last edited:
The first one I got had a base... it was incorrectly shipped... but the reason I selected the one you see in the photo, was for the capability to mount sideways... will I ever want to do that?? I don't think so, but figured that I would buy that one just in case :)

Thank you, Where did you get it from and how much

I got a Kurt688 from Ritchie Supply for $525 with free shipping. I would not buy a rotating base because it reduces head room and it's easy to clamp your vise to any angle you desire

I got a Kurt688 from Ritchie Supply for $525 with free shipping. I would not buy a rotating base because it reduces head room and it's easy to clamp your vise to any angle you desire[/QUOTE

Thanks guys

Back