Might be moving Will need a shop

Before I could start drywall in the living room I needed to do some wiring in the garage. The garage and living room share a wall. I have been moving outlets and wiring 3 way switches for the garage lights the past several days. Roughed in wiring for more outlets too. All of the existing outlets in the garage including the 240 volt outlet were almost 6 feet up from the floor. The 110 outlets got moved to about 8" above the workbench and the 240 outlet got moved to under the workbench about 15" up from the floor and close to the garage door. I like to do my welding out on the driveway for better ventilation. The lathe is now sitting on its bench but not fastened to the bench. Hope to finish up the living room this coming week. Lots of drywall repair in the living room/kitchen along with redoing the stairs to the loft. This new place has been way more work than I anticipated.

This new place has been way more work than I anticipated.
This the operative word IMHO in any new place. Even when you have background in fixing up places there is still always surprises. You are a much more energetic guy than I am Chuck! We are going through major renovations and doing the small side jobs, like the flooring and baseboards in our new sunroom. For me the most crucial tool is the hot tub for end of the day after constant up and downs.

Unfortunately ours had to be disconnected because we are installing siding. :(

. For me the most crucial tool is the hot tub for end of the day after constant up and downs.
YES!
My wife got me a hot tub as a moving in present a couple years ago. We'd had one in the 90's. She doesn't join me that often, but I use mine nightly. Got knocked over by an over enthusiastic young stallion a couple days ago, if it wasn't for the hot tub I'd be out of commission.

YES!
My wife got me a hot tub as a moving in present a couple years ago. We'd had one in the 90's. She doesn't join me that often, but I use mine nightly. Got knocked over by an over enthusiastic young stallion a couple days ago, if it wasn't for the hot tub I'd be out of commission.
I wasn’t a hot tub kinda guy until my SO came along. We just have one of those foam portable tubs that the motor is the heater so it only costs $35 a mo to run and it’s always hot and ready to go. Nothing smooths out the old joints and muscles like a tub. Proof she is my best half.

I have not used a hot tub, but after boat trips fishing, the heated seats in my dually were the best.

Talk about surprises. I think that this one takes the cake. In sorting out the phone lines today I went looking for which rooms had phone outlets. In one bedroom that I am going to use as a den there was a cover plate over an electrical box. No idea what was hidden in the box. Took off the cover to discovered 240 volt lines. A black, red and white. Who puts 240 volts in a bedroom? The wires are controlled by the 40 amp range/oven breaker.

^^^ That's crazy. Was that portion of the house added on to at some point? Maybe was the kitchen originally?

Back