Looking to get a 6-jaw for my PM1236

One of the advantages of a 3 jaw chuck is it is easy to get a caliper or mic through the jaws to measure the total length of the part or the position of a feature.

Not as much room on a 6 jaw to take those measurements.

Sooooo, did you buy it yet? ;) :pondering:

YES I did 20 minutes ago, from NEBT. Inbound Bison Set Tru forged steel 6.25 inch 6 jaw chuck and D1-5 back plate! That's right 6 jaw damn it, because...I wanted it!! Ahahaha Merry Christmas to ME! :rofl:

Sadly Enco raised their price on this chuck a whopping $240. NEBT shipping was $48 plus a $10 processing fee vs Enco $21 but they were still over $100 less than Enco even with the Enco 20% off sale.

Congrats, welcome to the club! ;)

I feel like the thread was taken from under me. lol.

What was the price, coolidge?

Yeah, sorry about that but at least I did offer my input beforehand. It's coolidge's fault. :rofl:

I'm also curious what they cost these days, if coolidge doesn't mind sharing. Bison prices keep going up....on all their products.

NEBT prices were

$295 - Bison D1-5 adaptor plate for 6" SET-TRU chuck Mfg part# 7-875-065
$995 - Bison SET-TRU 6 jaw forged steel chuck Mft part# 7-868-0600
$10 - Credit card processing fee
$48 - UPS ground shipping (MA to WA that's like 3,000 miles) so not unreasonable.

Total $1,348

Enco wanted $1375 for the chuck, $411 for the back plate, - 20% off sale = $1,429 + $21 shipping = $1,449

Yeah, sorry about that but at least I did offer my input beforehand. It's coolidge's fault. :rofl:

I'm also curious what they cost these days, if coolidge doesn't mind sharing. Bison prices keep going up....on all their products.

Yeah okay who's getting everyone worked up with their 6 jaw avatar? (points at darkzero) :rofl:

coolidge;256is hi47 said:
Yeah okay who's getting everyone worked up with their 6 jaw avatar? (points at darkzero) :rofl:

Haha, it's working!

Damn, Enco's price is high! Same case back when I got mine so I also did not order from them.

Back