Let's talk , Cincinnati Toolmaster 1A and 1B

Please be patient with me as I'm not an electrician.

You want a pic of the back of the start/stop panel?
Or what I've been told is the "magnetic switch" inside the column of the mill.

Hmmm...
Terminology...
The problems and opportunities in our world always seem to begin and end with communication.

Daryl
MN

Please be patient with me as I'm not an electrician.

You want a pic of the back of the start/stop panel?
Or what I've been told is the "magnetic switch" inside the column of the mill.

Hmmm...
Terminology...
The problems and opportunities in our world always seem to begin and end with communication.

Daryl
MN

The switch is called a contactor and it is what I have circled in red . I just made a video that will show you exactly. Just a close up photo of the front . Are you running it as the schematics have it run?

The switch is called a contactor and it is what I have circled in red . I just made a video that will show you exactly. Just a close up photo of the front . Are you running it as the schematics have it run?

Please let me know if I'm on track for what you are looking for. If there are angles or different pics you'd like please let me know.
A retired Electrical Engineer (friend of the family) used the same electrical schematic you are using and traced every wire in my 1B.
There were multiple wires which were for some unknown reason disconnected.
If it matters, he noted that one of the electrical parts was dated manufactured in 1956.

Note I have no powerfeeds or pump.
Lighting is not currently routed through the column.

Daryl
MN

IMG_0799.JPG IMG_0800.JPG IMG_0801.JPG IMG_0802.JPG IMG_0803.JPG

Thanks Daryl ! Our electrical panels look slightly different and so do our contactors . I wonder if any of the other toolmaster guys are direct wired and not using their contactor I think that's all that's holding me back . This helps for me to see what you have.

Thanks Daryl ! Our electrical panels look slightly different and so do our contactors . I wonder if any of the other toolmaster guys are direct wired and not using their contactor I think that's all that's holding me back . This helps for me to see what you have.

Please advise should there be anything I can do for you!
I'll put the cover back on for now...

Daryl
MN

I think I mentioned my kid put the mill a little close to the wall so I really cant get in there. I know one thing when it did have the room and I did take
the cover off just to see in there every thing is as new untouched clean but way out. Putting the panel back on whole different story. Need help for
that. Now I know why these are the heavy weight champion. Going back to the panel when I "push" the green button, I deffinatly hear clunk in the
back behind the panel. Thats a familiar sound, its saying something like a double throw relay. And I'll bet its 110 acuated to close the 220. When I
"push" the red button same thing clunk relay returning back to open. Then I knew I had a relay and found it kind of big lots of terminals I plug it in
"110" clunk same exact sound like a solonoid relay that when energized the solonoid goes over center and trips "clunk" energizes the 3phase meanwhile
when tripped the 110 is open. the red button is just the reverse. (it tripped back) 3phase now open and 110 now open. Makes sense to me.
sam

I think I mentioned my kid put the mill a little close to the wall so I really cant get in there. I know one thing when it did have the room and I did take
the cover off just to see in there every thing is as new untouched clean but way out. Putting the panel back on whole different story. Need help for
that. Now I know why these are the heavy weight champion. Going back to the panel when I "push" the green button, I deffinatly hear clunk in the
back behind the panel. Thats a familiar sound, its saying something like a double throw relay. And I'll bet its 110 acuated to close the 220. When I
"push" the red button same thing clunk relay returning back to open. Then I knew I had a relay and found it kind of big lots of terminals I plug it in
"110" clunk same exact sound like a solonoid relay that when energized the solonoid goes over center and trips "clunk" energizes the 3phase meanwhile
when tripped the 110 is open. the red button is just the reverse. (it tripped back) 3phase now open and 110 now open. Makes sense to me.
sam

I guess that makes both of our Cincys "clunkers".

Daryl
MN

HI guys,

I have been watching this thread with interest as i have a cincinnati 1b for about 18 months now. I am running a rotary phase converter for my sheldon lathe,cincinnati mill and leblond #1 toolgrinder. I too am not an electrician but am muddling my way through. I have x and y axis power feeds, no coolant pump. My inner panel looks similar but different because previous owner did some retrofitting. There is main magnetic starter. then there are overload relays ,one for each of the three motors. When a heater(fuse) trips in one of these it opens the control circuit, just like pushing the red button.

Back