Just quick questions, "Hats"

I want to thank all that responded

I thought for awhile on going with a regular welding hat.....but I'm older and on a fixed budget and money is tight. I have to plan and save for everything i buy including food. So I've decided to just wear a regular hat i have from now on when i machine.

Thanks again to all of you who responded, it is appreciated.

Don’t have any problems with chips in either one of my hairs, but I have worn baseball caps most of the time for lots of years.

Chuck

No hat I just take a shower before bed and check the hair and beard. They hide in the beard real good.

I keep my hair pretty short. I do grow it out, but theres a limit to how much I can tolerate. 30 years in the military will do that to ya.

But when I need to protect the bean from hot chips, I just throw on a welders skull cap since I’ve already got a stack of them sitting on my welding cart.

I keep my hair pretty short. I do grow it out, but theres a limit to how much I can tolerate. 30 years in the military will do that to ya.
You're too green in the civvy world. Give it time. I was an uptight soldier, my boots always shined, uniform perfect, more skin up top than hair. Now I see a barber twice a year and shave when I get tired of being pestered by loss prevention when I'm out shopping. I've turned into one of those long-haired freaky people, just like the vets from 'Nam that I grew up in reverence of. My buddies that have been out for more than 5 years all look like hillbillies. The deeper in the combat arms you are, the harder the rebound, it seems. You're used to forcing the direction of life or death in your rescue crew, that's got you hard-wired and keen. When it's time to lower the blood pressure and slack off, it's like being washed over by a wave, as you relax and let the trappings of your former function float away.

You're too green in the civvy world. Give it time. I was an uptight soldier, my boots always shined, uniform perfect, more skin up top than hair. Now I see a barber twice a year and shave when I get tired of being pestered by loss prevention when I'm out shopping. I've turned into one of those long-haired freaky people, just like the vets from 'Nam that I grew up in reverence of. My buddies that have been out for more than 5 years all look like hillbillies. The deeper in the combat arms you are, the harder the rebound, it seems. You're used to forcing the direction of life or death in your rescue crew, that's got you hard-wired and keen. When it's time to lower the blood pressure and slack off, it's like being washed over by a wave, as you relax and let the trappings of your former function float away.
Nah, I go months without a cut. But when it hits a certain length theres no way to have any style to it or its just too effin warm in summer. #3 on the sides and thin the top and I’m good to go for a couple more months.

I’m not a “hillbilly” nor a “redneck” and never will be. Be proud of it if you are that type, I’m proud that I’m not. Different strokes….

Never was a beard person. 2-4 days and I can’t stand it so a nice wet shave makes it all clean and smooth, just the way the missus likes it.

Wife and I have a deal; when I stop shaving, so does she. Thats more than enough motivation to keep it neat and clean…

When I first got out I let my hair grow, because I could. As soon as it got annoying (too long to dry, in my eyes, need to comb...) I got rid of it. I'm a USMC infantry combat vet - still sporting a high-reg decades later.

GsT

I dont wear a hat, I dont really have a problem with chips on my head or in the mo but I really really hate then in my tea.
Drop a magnet in your cup. Just don't accidentally swallow it, unless you are trying to remove the chips you've already drank. (drunken? have drunk? drinked? What is the imperial word for the past tense of to drink?) Aluminum and brass are dietary supplements, don't worry.
Factory-Price-N35-N52-Custom-Shape-Neodymium-Magnet-Super-Strong-Square-Magnetic-Block-Magnets.jpg

I would prefer to remove chips from my digestive tract by waving the magnet on the outside, like I learned as a kid.

70s-vintage-magnetic-drawing-set-1974_1_9e19dd5628716003e193273d39ab0e67.jpg

Back