Just quick questions, "Hats"

Ball cap and braid. Still get a chip or two in the braid if I'm not careful.
I have an old, white military baker's cap that I used to wear, flat top, no brim.

1674244261802.png
Made me look like a lobotomy patient.

I have a bunch of handmade welding caps that I wear, or a Comeaux cap. My problem is I have a big head, or so my wife says. It is tough to find ball caps to fit a size 8 when pulled down to the ears with civilian hair. Hence the handmade hats. I look like a homeless man in my carhartts already, the hats look like I stole them from a 1930's news boy or maybe a coal miner. In other words, indistinguishable from the squads of tent-dwellers walking the streets. I have to carry my ID in the shop working just in case the cops don't believe me when I say I own the house.

Man after my own heart.
I have been wearing welders caps for most of 50 years. Every color imaginable. Always 100% cotton so they breathe. Wash them when they get dirty. Stuff them in your back pocket when you go in to a resturaunt. Ladies like them. Different color every day.
Here's the one I'm wearing today. It happens to be a Comeaux.
I miss the polkadot Kromer caps.

Attachments

• 2023-01-20_04_23_31.jpg
    2023-01-20_04_23_31.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 16
K, I'm leaning toward welders with small bill or welders with no bill

Been wearing a baseball hat since 12 years old and have NEVER been without one on my dome . If I don't have 200 I don't have one . 30 years of baseball hats , basketball hats , company hats , college hats etc etc etc . What's your flavor ? :big grin: I'm able to get 50 hats whenever I need but have more than I'll ever need in 5 lifetimes . Just another thing that keeps growing . The daughter is running a convention in Balto this weekend which means more hats here . BB cap and safety glasses for the last 45 years here , but the chips fly and they will burn when going behind the glasses .

Back