Just Ordered a PM1127-VF LB!!

Yup I too was amazed when I discovered it. They even stock some Grizzly stuff. I bought 2 SouthBend branded Grizzly backplates from Amazon, they stocked them & with Prime it came out cheaper & got it quicker than getting them if from Grizzly. I don't normally order from Grizzly but I do like their blank SB branded backplates.
me too

I gave Quality Machine Tools a call yesterday to check the progress on my ordered PM1127. They are expecting it in a couple weeks, then another couple weeks for them to set it up and ship it to me.

3dshooter most generously made some measurements for me to assist in my stand design which confirmed that the tool chest I plan to use will be sufficient. I'm in the process of working out the details of the mobile base for the tool chest. It will have two 3-inch iron stationary wheels outside the left end mounted on a center pivot with adjustment screws. This arrangement will allow the box to be closer to the floor.

The other end will rest on height adjusting bolt-mounted swivel casters, rated at 1100 pounds each I ordered online yesterday. They will mount to brackets also outside the end of the box. Floor clearance will be one inch.
My experience trying to maneuver very heavy equipment on 4 swiveling casters has not been good, thus I'm using two stationary wheels and two swivels for steering.

View attachment 99595 View attachment 99596
where did u find those casters?

And here is a GREAT! tool:

camelcamelcamel.com

It allows you to graph the price of things on Amazon, and it will notify you when price drops to your target price.

Something like this:
View attachment 90221
wow, info is a tool. so you find then watch. good show thanks. this should be a stickie

jmh, I'm installing my casters outboard of the frame I'm making for the cabinet support. The stock wheels were 5", so I'm lowering mine by 3".

I determined that I'm going to need a engine hoist and I'll probably need it for more than one day. Harbor Freight has coupons for both their 2 and 1 ton hoists that expire this Sunday. I picked up the 1-ton hoist this afternoon for $139 with coupon. I didn't see any problems with after I assembled it, so I think it will be fine.

There were no good deals on Craig's List, in fact, everyone seemed to be asking more than full retail for their offerings. The best deal I saw to rent one was $30 a day.

If I decide I don't have room to keep it, I can easily sell it after I'm done with it.

Back