Just Ordered a PM1127-VF LB!!

You'll still get your 1340GT before I get mine, John. Even though it may have passed me on the way to PA, it's gotta come all the way back to the West Coast before I'll see it :thinking:

You'll still get your 1340GT before I get mine, John. Even though it may have passed me on the way to PA, it's gotta come all the way back to the West Coast before I'll see it :thinking:

Maybe... Freight from PA to GA for the mill was 3-4 days... however I had to wait an extra few days due to scheduling the delivery at the location I picked it up. Took a week between when Matt said it shipped... until I received it.

I do not have the space cleared out yet... however that would take about an hour. Still sorting other things... the space is helpful for boxes for now.

I am starting to get pretty "anxious" over the delays and the lack of a definitive ship date that I have received from PM / QMT thus far. I can deal with delays at ports, congested rail lines, customs, etc.. But how long do you think it should take someone to ship out a lathe once they have received it from the supplier? 24 hours? 48 hours? One week? Ten business days? I would like to know what kinds of experiences others have had with their shipping woes from PM / QMT.

This isn't like ordering from Amazon....

Matt orders his machinery by the container full to keep the prices down (not to mention that many Chinese factories do not allow an order of an individual machine... they are wholesalers, not retailers). That means that you ordered from him, he did not pass your order through to the factory to deliver your machine. He generally has orders spaced through-out the year for delivery, and those delivery dates are subject to the randomness of the factory's production schedule and competition with bigger customers. Someone puts in a rush order for 1000 machines, Matt's order goes to the back of the queue. This is my understanding from reading posts from Ray on this website. Not to mention clearing customs adds a random delay into the mix.

While you are waiting, make sure you have room, power, compressed air, etc installed so you are ready. Buy lifting tackle if you need it or don't already have it. Order tooling so you can make use of it if you don't already have it.

Even Grizzly, one of the largest machinery dealers in the company, has similar issues with delivery schedules. Go browse the Grizzly forum and read some of the same angst.

This isn't like ordering from Amazon....

Matt orders his machinery by the container full to keep the prices down (not to mention that many Chinese factories do not allow an order of an individual machine... they are wholesalers, not retailers). That means that you ordered from him, he did not pass your order through to the factory to deliver your machine. He generally has orders spaced through-out the year for delivery, and those delivery dates are subject to the randomness of the factory's production schedule and competition with bigger customers. Someone puts in a rush order for 1000 machines, Matt's order goes to the back of the queue. This is my understanding from reading posts from Ray on this website. Not to mention clearing customs adds a random delay into the mix.

While you are waiting, make sure you have room, power, compressed air, etc installed so you are ready. Buy lifting tackle if you need it or don't already have it. Order tooling so you can make use of it if you don't already have it.

Even Grizzly, one of the largest machinery dealers in the company, has similar issues with delivery schedules. Go browse the Grizzly forum and read some of the same angst.

IMO good points on prepping for the machine... whenever it arrives.

I did not do that... and my mill sat in the middle of the floor for a few weeks before getting it set up.

I'm prepped, wired & have tools waiting.................
I'm also patient (helps when you have a SB 9" to suffice in the meanwhile)

I'm prepped, wired & have tools waiting.................
I'm also patient (helps when you have a SB 9" to suffice in the meanwhile)

For the lathe... I wish I were.
Problem is... too many things on my plate (of life) at the moment.
Should be ready for the lathe in a few weeks.

I did get some of the projects wound down over the holidays... and hope to wind down some more during the winter.

However when the Spring (and summer) get here... AC season will set in (Atlanta is a humid AC market...) and I will not have much time for other than work. Sad... however I like the down time off season... :)

Well, after a little bit longer wait than expected, my lathe arrived yesterday. I had everything ready for the driver and from the time he arrived until he left was about ten minutes. Everything was very well packaged and there wasn't a scratch on her to be found. I noticed that there were even nails in the bottom of the pallet for the sole purpose of keeping the various small boxes from shifting during transport.

I had rigged up a gantry crane to assist me in lifting this lathe. (My neighbor had already joked that he wouldn't be home the day it arrived in the event that I needed any help) I got the lathe up onto the table that I had built and I couldn't be happier with the height of the table. Everything is at elbow level, which should keep the back strain to a minimum. The only thing that could have been any better would be for the change gears to be a little better fit. They are basically press fit and require a soft faced hammer to remove the bushings and shafts in order to change the gears. I will start polishing the I.D. on each of the gears as soon as I have time so it isn't the end of the world.

I wan't to say thanks to Matt and the team for putting up with me. I am not the most patient person when it comes to waiting for a large ticket item like this. Each time I inquired, I got a response. I would say that the wait was worth it. If you are looking for a top quality piece of equipment, then I would give these guys a call. You may have to wait too, but it will be worth it.

20150113_140202 (1024x576).jpg 20150113_124733 (1024x576).jpg 20150113_112920 (1024x576).jpg 20150113_113843 (1024x576).jpg

Congratulations on your new lathe! I waited 7 months for my PM1340GT to arrive, but you know, the first time I turned it on all that wait time evaporated like mist in the sun, LOL. Like others who have commented, I also found dealing with Matt to be a refreshing change from some of the big box store mentality.

I ordered a PM1127 last week. The estimate for delivery is 10 weeks. I've ordered enough machines to know that might mean 20 weeks. If it doesn't get here in 10 weeks, I'll be disappointed and anxious, but it will be when it will be.

When I ordered my mill, I didn't have a mill and the anxiety of waiting 4 months for delivery was great. This time, I have two lathes that have served me for 10 years, so I'm a lot more laid back about delivery this time. It will just give me plenty of time to come up with a good stand for it.

I'm hoping it comes with an AXA QCTP because I already have one with several tool holders. One cannot have too many tool holders.

I am excited about finding and getting the PM1127. I looked and drooled at a lot of lathes, but all of them compromised on some of the features I desired. When I found the PM1127, it was as though it was custom designed to my needs and expectations. Big bore, variable speed, power cross slide, weight and size, 6" scroll chuck, MT2 tailstock so I can use the MT2 gizmos I've accumulated, and mechanical electrical buttons and knobs.

Back