Is this a good buy for first mic??

Mikey or some of our other experts will give you a better answer, but I think they're the same mic. The labeling on the mic is identical; the model #s are only slightly different, as are Mitutoyo's global trade #s. The only difference I see is the '345' model weighs slightly more than the '341' - less than half an ounce, and depending on what they're weighing, that could be the case. More than likely, they're from two different production runs. The only concern I would have is if they are made in two different locations, one may be superior to the other. That's a guess. Mikey will know better.

Regards

I thought this was the 1-2 version... am I missing something? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KQML20O/ref=wl_mb_wl_huc_mrai_1_dp

The reason I linked to the one I did was because it converts from inch to metric with a button. The one you linked to was listed as metric so I thought it might not be the same, although they probably are. It has the conversion button.

I don't recall the exact amount the 0-1" mic sold for the first time I linked to it but I think it went up in price since then?

The total on the one I have ordered was $124 & change....including tax!

Last edited:
Then the price did go up. It's now up to $143.72. Amazon learns fast!

Well thanks to y'all's enablement, I have the Tesa 2-3" incoming, as well as Mit 0-1 and 1-2 electronic digital mics. I thank you. My wallet--not so much. And yes, Amazon's algorithms are quite good--$350 plus tax for both Mitutoyos.

My Mit should be here tomorrow and the Bison in a week.
Geesh you guys are good at this game!!

Well thanks to y'all's enablement, I have the Tesa 2-3" incoming, as well as Mit 0-1 and 1-2 electronic digital mics. I thank you. My wallet--not so much. And yes, Amazon's algorithms are quite good--$350 plus tax for both Mitutoyos.

I have to admit to being astonished at how accurate Mitutoyo digital instruments are, mics as well as their calipers. I ran a check on a 0-1" Mitutoyo Quantumike with a Class 0 Mitutoyo Cerastone gauge block set and that mic was dead on accurate. The shocker was that so was the 6" digital caliper - dead on! I have no hesitation recommending Mitutoyo digital tools to you, good Sir, nor do I hesitate to recommend Tesa analog mics - they are just as accurate.

My Mit should be here tomorrow and the Bison in a week.
Geesh you guys are good at this game!!

Oh, okay, you did get that Bison chuck. That's good - it was a steal at that price.

Back